Offshore wind farm plan unveiled
Monday 07 April 2008
*The energy giant E.ON has unveiled plans to build one of the biggest wind farms in Britain, saying it wants a swift resolution to an objection from the Ministry of Defence.
The company says the Humber Gateway development, five miles off the coast of east Yorkshire, would generate enough electricity to power nearly 200,000 homes.
E.ON's chief executive, Paul Golby, said: "The next generation of large-scale offshore wind farms have a vital role to play in the UK's future energy mix. This scheme will displace the emission of hundreds of the thousands of tonnes of carbon dioxide every year and will make a significant contribution to help the government meet its tough renewable energy targets."
E.ON said it was submitting the application despite an objection from the MoD.
- 1 Katie Hopkins gives rare glimpse of sensitive side with heartfelt open letter to her children penned in case she dies from epilepsy
- 2 Rihanna's Met Gala dress took one Chinese woman 2 years to make, was reduced to omelette meme in 2 seconds
- 3 Top Gear: Jodie Kidd, Philip Glenister and Guy Martin 'in advanced talks' to replace Jeremy Clarkson and co
- 4 #JeSuisEd: People share photos of themselves eating awkwardly in solidarity with Labour leader
- 5 Women think Irish men are the sexiest, survey finds
In defence of liberal democracy
General Election 2015: Post-election 'shambles' looms as 70 per cent of voters say SNP 'should not be able to veto UK government policies'
The Rothschild Libel: Why has it taken 200 years for an anti-Semitic slur that emerged from the Battle of Waterloo to be dismissed?
General Election 2015: UK will be 'run for the wealthy and powerful' if Tories retain power, Labour warns
General election live: SNP suspends two members for disrupting Labour rally
General Election 2015: Sturgeon claims Scots 'appalled' by Ed Miliband's refusal to work with SNP
£35000 - £40000 per annum + car and benefits: Ashdown Group: Marketing Manager...
£18000 - £20000 per annum: Ashdown Group: Helpdesk Analyst - Devon - £20,000 ...
£35000 - £50000 per annum + generous bonus: Ashdown Group: Business Analytics ...
£45000 - £50000 per annum: Ashdown Group: IT Project Coordinator (Software Dev...