Pciture of the day: A clean-up for banks of the Thames
Monday 21 March 2011
Hundreds of volunteers give the banks of the Thames in west London a deep clean yesterday, to mark the lowest daytime tides of 2011.
The event at Putney and Chiswick was organised by Thames21, an environmental charity with 8,000 volunteers.
Dolphins ‘deliberately get high’ on puffer fish nerve toxins by carefully chewing and passing them around
Cow 'emissions' more damaging to planet than CO2 from cars
Gulf Stream is slowing down faster than ever, scientists say
Clash of the fiercest predators as shark eats polar bear
Malawi to burn its £5m ivory stockpile this week - and demonstrate its commitment to wildlife conservation
- 1 Tidal launch: The most pretentious lines from Alicia Keys' valedictory speech
- 2 Trevor Noah: Jon Stewart's replacement faces online criticism over 'anti-Semitic' tweets
- 3 Martha Stewart accuses Snoop Dogg of 'smoking for four hours' during Justin Bieber Roast
- 4 Gamers confess the worst things they've done in The Sims
- 5 Syrian child photographed 'surrendering to camera because she thought it was a gun'
Ukip supporters are 55 or older, white and socially conservative, finds British Social Attitudes Report
Street preacher quoting from the Bible fined for calling homosexuality an 'abomination'
Woman filmed launching racist tirade against men on the Tube for speaking in 'own lingo'
The West has it totally wrong on Lee Kuan Yew
David Cameron calls Labour 'hopeless, sneering socialists' while announcing 7-day NHS plans
Revealed: Putin's army of pro-Kremlin bloggers
Negotiable: Recruitment Genius: This leading supplier of compliance software a...
£24000 - £30000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: The Associate System Engineer r...
Negotiable: Recruitment Genius: An Executive Assistant is required to join a l...
£45000 - £50000 per annum + benefits : Ashdown Group: A highly successful, glo...