Friday 28 June 1996
1) Injured ace dripped.
2) Spank mad flier.
3) Grey ban on breath.
4) Hug the right swine.
5) I bedlessness inanity.
(Answer on Tuesday)
Yesterday's corrected quotes:
1) Rose is a rose is a rose (No "A")
2) correct as printed
3) Why don't you come up sometime and see me? (The line as printed was said by WC Fields)
4) Is that your sword or are you just pleased to see me?
5) He never said it.
6) I have nothing to offer but blood and toil, tears and sweat.
7) He never said it.
Daniele Watts: Django Unchained actress detained by Los Angeles police after being mistaken for a prostitute
Scottish independence referendum: A nation divided against itself
Scottish referendum results: Cross-party consensus collapses amid Tory-Labour spat on the 'English question'
Scottish independence: David Cameron is becoming the 'George Bush of Britain'
Russia freezes Ukraine into submission: Kiev admits country doesn't have enough fuel for winter
Scottish independence: The Queen breaks silence on referendum debate – as think tank warns of £14bn black hole if Scotland votes Yes
- 2 Friends 20th anniversary: Alison Jackson photographs reunited cast
- 3 A bottle of wine a day is not bad for you and abstaining is worse than drinking, scientist claims
- 5 Free U2 album: How the most generous giveaway in music history turned into a PR disaster