10 best Easter cakes
Whether you’re after family staples or more exotic offerings, there’s no shortage of choice this April
Sunday 13 April 2014
It’s hard to think of a day that’s more focused on sweet delights than Easter Sunday. But it doesn’t have to be all about eggs or even chocolate, with a huge number of Easter-themed cakes now on offer.
To save you disappointment of winding up with something less than delicious, we’ve done some serious cake eating to bring you the best of them.
Ranging from traditional offerings, such as Melrose & Morgan’s Simnel Cake, to cakes that are just really good fun, such as Tesco’s 3D Chick Cake, there’s something for everyone.
Click on the gallery to see the IndyBest buys
Mention the words “Easter” and “cakes” and most people think of Simnel cake. If you want to keep up the custom, Betty’s is well spiced and beautifully finished with soft sweet marzipan. For something less conventional, Hummingbird Bakery’s Easter Red Velvet cake is ridiculously good. After something cheaper? Marks & Spencer’s Chocolate Nest Cake is both enchanting to look at and scrumptious to eat.
EU referendum: David Cameron's rules are a 'democratic disgrace', says French-born Scottish politician set to be denied a vote
SNP fury as HS2 finds 'no business case' for taking fast train service to Scotland
British tourists complain that impoverished boat migrants are making holidays 'awkward' in Kos
Australian man punched in the face for defending Muslim women from abuse on train
A nation of inequality: How the UK is failing to feed its most vulnerable people
David Starkey 'tells Amal Clooney to shut up and stop over-promoting human rights'
- 1 10 ways we damage our teeth – without realising
- 2 Fifa corruption arrests: Nike reported to be 'multinational sportswear company' at centre of bribery claims over Brazil shirt deal
- 3 Facebook Messenger sends 'creepily' precise location data, as revealed by Marauders Map Chrome extension
- 4 Photo of wedding guest proposing to girlfriend in front of bride and groom goes viral
- 5 Charlie Charlie Challenge explained: it's just gravity — not a Mexican demon being summoned