10 best Easter cakes
Whether you’re after family staples or more exotic offerings, there’s no shortage of choice this April
Sunday 13 April 2014
It’s hard to think of a day that’s more focused on sweet delights than Easter Sunday. But it doesn’t have to be all about eggs or even chocolate, with a huge number of Easter-themed cakes now on offer.
To save you disappointment of winding up with something less than delicious, we’ve done some serious cake eating to bring you the best of them.
Ranging from traditional offerings, such as Melrose & Morgan’s Simnel Cake, to cakes that are just really good fun, such as Tesco’s 3D Chick Cake, there’s something for everyone.
Click on the gallery to see the IndyBest buys
Mention the words “Easter” and “cakes” and most people think of Simnel cake. If you want to keep up the custom, Betty’s is well spiced and beautifully finished with soft sweet marzipan. For something less conventional, Hummingbird Bakery’s Easter Red Velvet cake is ridiculously good. After something cheaper? Marks & Spencer’s Chocolate Nest Cake is both enchanting to look at and scrumptious to eat.
Stephen Fry explains what he would say if he was 'confronted by God'
9 reasons Greece's experiment with the radical left is doomed to failure
Have we reached 'peak food'? Shortages loom as global production rates slow
British grandmother Lindsay Sandiford faces execution by firing squad in Indonesia
Liberal Democrat minister defends comments suggesting immigration causes pub closures
Hard line on immigration could cost Tories the election
- 1 Stephen Fry explains what he would say if he was 'confronted by God'
- 2 Venezuela Expo Tattoo 2015: Extreme body art from 'Vampire Woman' to 109mm earlobes
- 3 Saudi preacher who 'raped and tortured' his five -year-old daughter to death is released after paying 'blood money'
- 4 Ball pool for adults opens in London
- 5 Rashida Jones speaks out against male-centric porn saying 'women should have sex and feel good about it'