10 best holiday hair products
Protect your locks from the sun and master beach chic with these summer hair savers, including shampoos and conditioner for sun protection
Thursday 26 June 2014
You can't beat a week or two in the sun – but while you'll be grateful for all that R&R, your hair might not be.
Nothing wrecks it faster than sun, salt, sand, chlorine and wind. We've trawled the beauty aisles to find the best protectors from Mark Hill to Aveda, and if you love the just-off-the-beach look, getting it from a bottle is better for your locks than salty sea air.
Click on the gallery to see the IndyBest buys
Phyto Sun Veil protects from the sun and boosts volume if locks turn lank in the heat, while Wella Cream will protect and tame thicker unruly hair. Tigi Salt Spray ticks all the boxes for texturising, volumising, curl enhancing and frizz fighting, while Aveda Sun Hair & Body Cleanser will wash it all out at the end of a hot day at the beach.
Nathan Collier: Montana man inspired by same-sex marriage ruling requests right to wed two wives
Greece crisis: IMF was pushed around by Angela Merkel and Nicholas Sarkozy – and now it is being humiliated
Forget little green men – aliens will look like humans, says Cambridge University evolution expert
'I wish the BBC would stop calling it Islamic State' – David Cameron unleashes frustration at broadcaster
Greece crisis: The wider lesson is that it’s time to abandon this failed experiment in currencies
Girl, 7, stares down hate preacher at Ohio festival with pro-LGBT rainbow flag gesture
- 1 Michelle Watt's father says TV presenter killed herself because she was in constant pain
- 2 Nathan Collier: Montana man inspired by same-sex marriage ruling requests right to wed two wives
- 3 San Francisco TV news crew attacked by armed robbers during live broadcast
- 4 Greek debt crisis: The photograph that conveys the despair of Greece's elderly
- 5 Miami defendant sobs in court as he realises he and the judge attended the same school