10 best holiday hair products
Protect your locks from the sun and master beach chic with these summer hair savers, including shampoos and conditioner for sun protection
Thursday 26 June 2014
You can't beat a week or two in the sun – but while you'll be grateful for all that R&R, your hair might not be.
Nothing wrecks it faster than sun, salt, sand, chlorine and wind. We've trawled the beauty aisles to find the best protectors from Mark Hill to Aveda, and if you love the just-off-the-beach look, getting it from a bottle is better for your locks than salty sea air.
Click on the gallery to see the IndyBest buys
Phyto Sun Veil protects from the sun and boosts volume if locks turn lank in the heat, while Wella Cream will protect and tame thicker unruly hair. Tigi Salt Spray ticks all the boxes for texturising, volumising, curl enhancing and frizz fighting, while Aveda Sun Hair & Body Cleanser will wash it all out at the end of a hot day at the beach.
General Election 2015: Chuka Umunna on the benefits of immigration, humility – and his leader Ed Miliband
The sickening truth about food banks that the Tories don't want you to know
Migrant boat disaster: Ukip candidate mocks victims in sickening Twitter post
Nigel Farage wants the BBC to stop making programmes like Doctor Who, Strictly Come Dancing, and Top Gear
Global warming: Scientists say temperatures could rise by 6C by 2100 and call for action ahead of UN meeting in Paris
General Election 2015: Britain would become a 'communist dictatorship' under Ed Miliband and Nicola Sturgeon, claims wife of Michael Gove
- 1 I've been called an abusive and dangerous parent, when all I did was listen to my transgender child
- 2 Smartphones are making children borderline autistic, says psychiatrist
- 3 Why this father didn’t hide his daughter’s heroin overdose in her obituary
- 4 Company breaks open Apple Watch to discover what it says is 'planned obsolescence'
- 5 Teaching profession headed for crisis as numbers continue to drop and working lives become 'unbearable'