9 best mobile phone battery chargers
Whether you’re off to a festival or camping in the countryside, there’s a battery pack that will let you keep your phone and other gadgets charged
Friday 27 June 2014
If you’re headed off into the wilderness this summer, or just to a festival, check out our selection of the best phone chargers to keep you powered up. From the sci-fi Brunton Hydrogen Reactor to the handbag-sized Anker Astro Mini, our selection of big, small and unusual phone chargers mean that you can find an emergency battery pack whatever your budget or bag size.
Phone chargers are getting increasingly small and powerful, and packing ever more new and unusual features, making it difficult to be sure which charger is best for your trip. We took a look at power packs from the high tech to the rugged, and found the best cases and chargers to keep you going for your whole trip.
Click on the gallery to see the IndyBest buys
If you’re away for the weekend and only need a charge or two, the Monster PowerCard is a great all-rounder that will keep you in contact with civilisation but not weigh down your bag. But if you’re after something bigger, the Anker Astro Pro should have all the charge you need; and the smaller Anker can fit into the smallest handbags.
New theory could prove how life began and disprove God
This is what it's like to be dead, according to a guy who died for a bit
'Jihadi John': CAGE representative storms off Sky News accusing Kay Burley of Islamophobia
Ukip would cut billions from Scottish budget to fund English tax cuts
Russia's roadmap for annexing eastern Ukraine 'leaked from Vladimir Putin's office'
Ukraine crisis: Top Chinese diplomat backs Putin and says West should 'abandon zero-sum mentality'
- 1 Raif Badawi, the Saudi Arabian blogger sentenced to 1,000 lashes, may now face death penalty
- 2 PornHub turns masturbation into energy in bid to save the planet
- 3 Robert Mugabe eats a zoo for 'obscene' 91st birthday party
- 4 The remarkable archaeological underwater discovery that could open up a new chapter in the study of European and British prehistory
- 5 The jihadi girls who went to Syria weren't just radicalised by Isis — they were groomed