3. Whistlejacket by Stubbs
Hanging in the National Gallery, the original work by the 18th-century painter of horses has fantastic impact. As a print, the neutral background gives it an oddly modern feel. Team with a simple frame and go for the extra-large version really to make a statement.
£50 (extra large), nationalgallery.co.uk" onclick="location.href='http://www.independent.co.uk/extras/indybest/arts-books/the-10-best-affordable-art-prints-8965387.html?action=gallery';"/>
Keep the kids active and out of your hair this half-term with one of these nifty sets of wheels
Whether you prefer to keep your back pocket streamlined or like all your valuables safely in one place, there’s a variety to fit the bill
If you’re heading for the mountains, make sure you’ve got good eyewear for the slopes – with expert picks by Rupert Taylor of Nonstop Ski & Snowboard
From papercraft messengers to Mexican wrestlers, we give you the latest and best new handheld games
- 1 To those who can’t see the point of International Women’s Day: you are the very reason it exists
- 2 International Women's Day 2014: The shocking statistics that show why it is still so important
- 3 Orgasm machine to deliver climax at the push of a button
- 4 Singapore sting: Sky-high prices are pushing locals to the edge of affordability
- 5 Liam Neeson turned down James Bond role because late wife Natasha Richardson said she wouldn't marry him if he took it
Britain's top vet sparks controversy with call for ban on slashing animals' throats in 'ritual' slaughters for halal and kosher meat products
Ukraine crisis: Russia dismisses '3am ultimatum' as 'total nonsense'
If you're horrified by a flame-roasted dog, you should be shocked at a hog roast
Poor 'live like animals' says Boris's privately educated sister after going on 'poverty safari'
White people become less racist just by moving to more diverse areas, study finds
Exclusive: Impact of immigrants on British workers ‘negligible’