Playtime: 10 best arts and crafts for children
Keep little minds busy and creative this Easter holiday with one of these kits for making and doing
Tuesday 01 April 2014
The Easter holidays are nearly upon us and while that can mean running around the garden in the spring sun searching for chocolate eggs, it can also mean rainy and/or cold days when you’re wondering how on earth you’re going to pass all the hours until the kids are back at school.
Fear not as we have the solution – arts and crafts. From the ever popular Badge It! to the comprehensive Magic Maize Bumper Pack from the Early Learning Centre, we have asked child testers of various ages to let us know which ones they rated most highly.
Click on the gallery to see the IndyBest buys
Seedling has nailed it when it comes to encouraging creativity in kids and the Design Your Own Sock Toy is no exception. If you want something kinder on the purse strings, it’s got to be Poundland’s Make Your Own Felt Bunny, which is great value and seasonal too.
10. Tap A Shape, £8
More Britons believe that multiculturalism makes the country worse - not better, says poll
Osborne to cap family benefits at £23,000 – announced ahead of his post-election Budget
Nathan Collier: Montana man inspired by same-sex marriage ruling requests right to wed two wives
Forget little green men – aliens will look like humans, says Cambridge University evolution expert
Girl, 7, stares down hate preacher at Ohio festival with pro-LGBT rainbow flag gesture
Sickness and disability benefits could be reduced by £30 a week as part of £12bn welfare cuts
- 1 Autistic teenager beaten up by bullies makes them watch 20-minute video about autism
- 2 Nick Kyrgios calls former Olympian Dawn Fraser a 'blatant racist' after she tells Wimbledon star to 'go back where their parents came from'
- 3 World learns of app that shows you who unfriended you on Facebook, app promptly crashes
- 4 Chris Moyles reportedly set to make radio comeback with new breakfast show on XFM
- 5 The Greece debt crisis explained in less than 100 words