Playtime: 10 best arts and crafts for children
Keep little minds busy and creative this Easter holiday with one of these kits for making and doing
Tuesday 01 April 2014
The Easter holidays are nearly upon us and while that can mean running around the garden in the spring sun searching for chocolate eggs, it can also mean rainy and/or cold days when you’re wondering how on earth you’re going to pass all the hours until the kids are back at school.
Fear not as we have the solution – arts and crafts. From the ever popular Badge It! to the comprehensive Magic Maize Bumper Pack from the Early Learning Centre, we have asked child testers of various ages to let us know which ones they rated most highly.
Click on the gallery to see the IndyBest buys
Seedling has nailed it when it comes to encouraging creativity in kids and the Design Your Own Sock Toy is no exception. If you want something kinder on the purse strings, it’s got to be Poundland’s Make Your Own Felt Bunny, which is great value and seasonal too.
10. Tap A Shape, £8
General Election 2015: Chuka Umunna on the benefits of immigration, humility – and his leader Ed Miliband
The sickening truth about food banks that the Tories don't want you to know
Migrant boat disaster: Ukip candidate mocks victims in sickening Twitter post
Nigel Farage wants the BBC to stop making programmes like Doctor Who, Strictly Come Dancing, and Top Gear
Global warming: Scientists say temperatures could rise by 6C by 2100 and call for action ahead of UN meeting in Paris
General Election 2015: Britain would become a 'communist dictatorship' under Ed Miliband and Nicola Sturgeon, claims wife of Michael Gove
- 1 Woman 'suffocates newborn baby in plastic bag and puts it in her desk minutes after giving birth'
- 2 I've been called an abusive and dangerous parent, when all I did was listen to my transgender child
- 3 Company breaks open Apple Watch to discover what it says is 'planned obsolescence'
- 4 Teaching profession headed for crisis as numbers continue to drop and working lives become 'unbearable'
- 5 Chinese student carries disabled friend to school every day for three years