Playtime: 10 best arts and crafts for children
Keep little minds busy and creative this Easter holiday with one of these kits for making and doing
Tuesday 01 April 2014
The Easter holidays are nearly upon us and while that can mean running around the garden in the spring sun searching for chocolate eggs, it can also mean rainy and/or cold days when you’re wondering how on earth you’re going to pass all the hours until the kids are back at school.
Fear not as we have the solution – arts and crafts. From the ever popular Badge It! to the comprehensive Magic Maize Bumper Pack from the Early Learning Centre, we have asked child testers of various ages to let us know which ones they rated most highly.
Click on the gallery to see the IndyBest buys
Seedling has nailed it when it comes to encouraging creativity in kids and the Design Your Own Sock Toy is no exception. If you want something kinder on the purse strings, it’s got to be Poundland’s Make Your Own Felt Bunny, which is great value and seasonal too.
10. Tap A Shape, £8
Daniele Watts: Django Unchained actress detained by Los Angeles police after being mistaken for a prostitute
The political class is doing what Hitler couldn’t – destroying Britain
Scottish independence: Nationalist leader Jim Sillars threatens pro-union companies with 'day of reckoning' after independence
Scottish independence: Yes campaign feels the heat as Alex Salmond's NHS claims come under furious attack
Portuguese academic says British are 'filthy, violent and drunk'
£23m Birmingham cycle scheme is attacked by Tory councillor for not catering to the elderly
- 1 Thailand deaths: Pair's bloodied bodies found naked on Koh Tao beach
- 2 Scottish independence: Ireland since 1919 is a lesson for Scotland in what a Yes vote means
- 3 Daniele Watts: Django Unchained actress detained by Los Angeles police after being mistaken for a prostitute
- 4 Kanye West stops concert after two fans don't stand up - doesn't realise one is in wheelchair and the other disabled
- 5 QS university world rankings: Imperial College London leapfrogs Oxford to join Cambridge as best British university