Playtime: 10 best arts and crafts for children
Keep little minds busy and creative this Easter holiday with one of these kits for making and doing
Tuesday 01 April 2014
The Easter holidays are nearly upon us and while that can mean running around the garden in the spring sun searching for chocolate eggs, it can also mean rainy and/or cold days when you’re wondering how on earth you’re going to pass all the hours until the kids are back at school.
Fear not as we have the solution – arts and crafts. From the ever popular Badge It! to the comprehensive Magic Maize Bumper Pack from the Early Learning Centre, we have asked child testers of various ages to let us know which ones they rated most highly.
Click on the gallery to see the IndyBest buys
Seedling has nailed it when it comes to encouraging creativity in kids and the Design Your Own Sock Toy is no exception. If you want something kinder on the purse strings, it’s got to be Poundland’s Make Your Own Felt Bunny, which is great value and seasonal too.
10. Tap A Shape, £8
Scottish independence referendum: A nation divided against itself
Scottish referendum results: Cross-party consensus collapses amid Tory-Labour spat on the 'English question'
Scottish independence: David Cameron is becoming the 'George Bush of Britain'
Hilary Mantel 'should be investigated by police' over Margaret Thatcher assassination story, says Lord Bell
Plebgate MP Andrew Mitchell called officer a 'little s**t', claim court documents 'exposing ex-Chief Whip's 'record of abusing police'
Archbishop of Canterbury admits doubts about existence of God
- 1 Rihanna 'nude photos' claims emerge on 4Chan as hacking scandal continues
- 2 Frank Lampard equalises for Manchester City against Chelsea: how the internet reacted
- 3 Stamford Hill council removes 'unacceptable' posters telling women which side of the road to walk down
- 4 Kim Kardashian 'nude photos' leaked on 4chan weeks after Jennifer Lawrence scandal
- 5 Hitler’s former food taster reveals the horrors of the Wolf’s Lair