The 10 Best Christmas presents for arts lovers
From Damien Hirst umbrellas to David Bowie totes, we have a great selection of quirky present for culture vultures
1. Damien Hirst umbrella
Bright and beautiful, whatever the weather.
2. Finger puppets
Bust out your voices while waggling Austen, Warhol et al.
3. Faber & Faber poetry diary 2014
Plan your year out with rhythm and rhyme.
£12.98, Waterstones stores nationwide, faber.co.uk
4. David Bowie tote
Go out with a star on your arm.
5. Literary brooches
Cut-out animals made with pages from books.
from £12, theliterarygiftcompany.com
6. ‘The Wicker Man’ 40th anniversary edition
Re-released with a restored final cut, plus interviews.
7. Everybody Dies tea towel
A graphic depiction of how Shakespeare characters meet their end.
8. Folio edition of ‘Brave New World’
Huxley’s dystopia gets an Art Deco-style make-over.
9. Ghost Stories for Christmas box set
Six-DVD BFI collection of festive chillers.
10. ‘The Phaidon Archive of Graphic Design’
From typefaces to posters.
Richard Dawkins on babies with Down Syndrome: 'Abort it and try again – it would be immoral to bring it into the world'
Scottish independence: English people overwhelmingly want Scotland to stay in the UK
Isis threat: Cameron wants an alliance with Iran
Michael Brown shooting: Chaos erupts on the streets of Ferguson after autopsy shows teenager was shot six times – twice in the head
Bin bag full of cats' heads discovered near Manchester's Curry Mile
Disgusting, frustrating, but intriguing: how the country really feels about its politicians
- 1 Jeremy Clarkson 'does not see a problem' with his racist language on Top Gear, says BBC
- 3 ALS ice bucket challenge co-founder Corey Griffin drowns, aged 27
- 4 A third of employers never check job applicants' qualifications, survey finds