The 10 Best Christmas presents for arts lovers
From Damien Hirst umbrellas to David Bowie totes, we have a great selection of quirky present for culture vultures
1. Damien Hirst umbrella
Bright and beautiful, whatever the weather.
2. Finger puppets
Bust out your voices while waggling Austen, Warhol et al.
3. Faber & Faber poetry diary 2014
Plan your year out with rhythm and rhyme.
£12.98, Waterstones stores nationwide, faber.co.uk
4. David Bowie tote
Go out with a star on your arm.
5. Literary brooches
Cut-out animals made with pages from books.
from £12, theliterarygiftcompany.com
6. ‘The Wicker Man’ 40th anniversary edition
Re-released with a restored final cut, plus interviews.
7. Everybody Dies tea towel
A graphic depiction of how Shakespeare characters meet their end.
8. Folio edition of ‘Brave New World’
Huxley’s dystopia gets an Art Deco-style make-over.
9. Ghost Stories for Christmas box set
Six-DVD BFI collection of festive chillers.
10. ‘The Phaidon Archive of Graphic Design’
From typefaces to posters.
Britain's top vet sparks controversy with call for ban on slashing animals' throats in 'ritual' slaughters for halal and kosher meat products
Poor 'live like animals' says Boris's privately educated sister after going on 'poverty safari'
Exclusive: Impact of immigrants on British workers ‘negligible’
Vince Cable: Teachers 'know absolutely nothing' about the world of work
Ukraine crisis: Russia pledges to 'retaliate against sanctions' as Ukrainian president says Crimea vote will not be recognised
The quiet diplomat: Catherine Ashton - recognised and admired in all the world’s troubled countries, yet ridiculed at home
- 1 Oxford is the least affordable city in the UK, where houses cost 11 times local salaries
- 2 Australian man Rod Sommerville reacts to bite from deadly snake by reaching for cold beer
- 3 North Korea elections: Kim Jong-un wins 100% of the vote
- 4 David Cameron resorts to paying for Facebook fans because not enough people like him
- 5 Steve Irwin’s final words: Cameraman present at death opens up about deadly stingray attack for the first time