The 10 Best Christmas presents for arts lovers
From Damien Hirst umbrellas to David Bowie totes, we have a great selection of quirky present for culture vultures
1. Damien Hirst umbrella
Bright and beautiful, whatever the weather.
2. Finger puppets
Bust out your voices while waggling Austen, Warhol et al.
3. Faber & Faber poetry diary 2014
Plan your year out with rhythm and rhyme.
£12.98, Waterstones stores nationwide, faber.co.uk
4. David Bowie tote
Go out with a star on your arm.
5. Literary brooches
Cut-out animals made with pages from books.
from £12, theliterarygiftcompany.com
6. ‘The Wicker Man’ 40th anniversary edition
Re-released with a restored final cut, plus interviews.
7. Everybody Dies tea towel
A graphic depiction of how Shakespeare characters meet their end.
8. Folio edition of ‘Brave New World’
Huxley’s dystopia gets an Art Deco-style make-over.
9. Ghost Stories for Christmas box set
Six-DVD BFI collection of festive chillers.
10. ‘The Phaidon Archive of Graphic Design’
From typefaces to posters.
9 reasons Greece's experiment with the radical left is doomed to failure
Have we reached 'peak food'? Shortages loom as global production rates slow
Greece elections: Syriza and EU on collision course after election win for left-wing party
British grandmother Lindsay Sandiford faces execution by firing squad in Indonesia
Liberal Democrat minister defends comments suggesting immigration causes pub closures
King Abdullah dead: We can't afford not to hold Saudi Arabia's royals to account
- 1 Venezuela Expo Tattoo 2015: Extreme body art from 'Vampire Woman' to 109mm earlobes
- 2 Saudi preacher who 'raped and tortured' his five -year-old daughter to death is released after paying 'blood money'
- 3 Ball pool for adults opens in London
- 4 Amal Clooney gives excellent response to fashion question at European Court of Human Rights
- 5 Rashida Jones speaks out against male-centric porn saying 'women should have sex and feel good about it'