10 best festival raincoats
Whether you’re heading to V Festival, Reading and Leeds or Bestival on the Isle of Wight, make sure you pack a cover-up to protect you from the elements
Thursday 14 August 2014
If you’re heading to a festival in Britain, chances are you won’t be able to get through the weekend – or day – without some showers. Your packing list should include a coat that that will keep you protected from the elements. Whether you go for a good-value fold away number a la Boohoo’s Emilie, a fashion-forward piece like Topshop’s quilted mac, or more heavy-duty rainwear such as Rohan’s Canopy Cape, we hope there’s something here that will find its way into your festival wardrobe.
Click on the gallery to see the IndyBest buys
For coats that will get you in the festival mood, look the part and keep you bone dry, we like Jaded London’s in-your-face designs for men and women. If you’re looking for something that will keep your whole outfit damp free, try Rains long jackets for both sexes. And for a compact waterproof that will do you just as well for a weekend at Leeds Festival as it will for a wet walking break in the Lake District, opt for Regatta’s functional Pack It jacket.
New theory could prove how life began and disprove God
This is what it's like to be dead, according to a guy who died for a bit
'Jihadi John': CAGE representative storms off Sky News accusing Kay Burley of Islamophobia
Ukip would cut billions from Scottish budget to fund English tax cuts
Russia's roadmap for annexing eastern Ukraine 'leaked from Vladimir Putin's office'
Ukraine crisis: Top Chinese diplomat backs Putin and says West should 'abandon zero-sum mentality'
- 1 Michelle Rodriguez: Fast & Furious actor apologises after telling 'minorities' to stop taking on 'white' roles
- 2 Raif Badawi, the Saudi Arabian blogger sentenced to 1,000 lashes, may now face the death penalty
- 3 PornHub turns masturbation into energy in bid to save the planet
- 4 Robert Mugabe eats a zoo for 'obscene' 91st birthday party
- 5 The remarkable archaeological underwater discovery that could open up a new chapter in the study of European and British prehistory