10 best festival raincoats
Whether you’re heading to V Festival, Reading and Leeds or Bestival on the Isle of Wight, make sure you pack a cover-up to protect you from the elements
Thursday 14 August 2014
If you’re heading to a festival in Britain, chances are you won’t be able to get through the weekend – or day – without some showers. Your packing list should include a coat that that will keep you protected from the elements. Whether you go for a good-value fold away number a la Boohoo’s Emilie, a fashion-forward piece like Topshop’s quilted mac, or more heavy-duty rainwear such as Rohan’s Canopy Cape, we hope there’s something here that will find its way into your festival wardrobe.
Click on the gallery to see the IndyBest buys
For coats that will get you in the festival mood, look the part and keep you bone dry, we like Jaded London’s in-your-face designs for men and women. If you’re looking for something that will keep your whole outfit damp free, try Rains long jackets for both sexes. And for a compact waterproof that will do you just as well for a weekend at Leeds Festival as it will for a wet walking break in the Lake District, opt for Regatta’s functional Pack It jacket.
As a white man, I'm surprised more women aren't tweeting the hashtag #KillAllWhiteMen
EU referendum: David Cameron's rules are a 'democratic disgrace', says French-born Scottish politician set to be denied a vote
The day that Britain resigned as a global power
SNP fury as HS2 finds 'no business case' for taking fast train service to Scotland
A nation of inequality: How the UK is failing to feed its most vulnerable people
Australian man punched in the face for defending Muslim women from abuse on train
- 1 I was raped by another man. And now the Government wants to take away the one thing that saved my life
- 2 Preston fan who appeared to snatch Jermaine Beckford's shirt from eight-year-old boy identified and says: 'the truth will come out'
- 3 Iran launches anti-Isis cartoon competition 'to expose true nature of Islamic State'
- 4 Puerto Rico, island of lost dreams: People are leaving the debt-hit territory in droves as near neighbour Cuba's star rises
- 5 'Paracetamol Challenge': Police and teachers issue warning to parents over social media craze