Fairtrade Fortnight 2014: 9 best cosmetics, jewellery and gifts
Fairtrade’s not all chocolate, coffee and bananas. Check out these other great ethically produced products
Tuesday 25 February 2014
The movement's know for its food and drink products, but there are more than 4,500 Fairtrade items to choose from. We round up the best ethically produced smellies, clothes, flowers and jewellery.
Click on the gallery to see the IndyBest buys
Anyone looking to give their skin a treat should pick up a tub of Boots' mango or cocoa butter moisturiser. Sainsbury's lillies make a pretty and good-value gift. And for something extra special, the Cred bangle is a fine and delicate example of Fairtrade jewellery.
4. Sainsbury's Fairtrade Lillies, £6 (in store only)
Read more: Fairtrade Fortnight 2014: 10 best foods
Katie Hopkins continues campaign to become Britain's most hated talking head with poorly timed Bob Crow tweet
No EU referendum under Labour: Ed Miliband to reveal that vote on membership is ‘unlikely’ in next Parliament if party wins power
Grace Dent: Who cares if she spells it Barraco Barner? Gemma Worrall is more employable than some bookish arts graduate
Europeans have ‘got whiter’ due to natural selection in past 5,000 years, scientists say
Fracking is turning the US into a bigger oil producer than Saudi Arabia
The rise of Ukip: Study warns Labour that Eurosceptic party's electoral base now 'more working class than any of the main parties'
- 1 Is your name now 'banned' in Saudi Arabia?
- 2 Best films on Netflix: 32 movies that will put an end to your scrolling
- 3 Istanbul protesters take 'Ellen selfie' from the back of a police van
- 4 Missing Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370: Jet ‘hijacking’ began soon after take-off
- 5 Lady Gaga has struggled with eating disorders in the past, so it's indefensible that she's glamourising bulimia in her SXSW set