Fairtrade Fortnight 2014: 9 best cosmetics, jewellery and gifts
Fairtrade’s not all chocolate, coffee and bananas. Check out these other great ethically produced products
Tuesday 25 February 2014
The movement's know for its food and drink products, but there are more than 4,500 Fairtrade items to choose from. We round up the best ethically produced smellies, clothes, flowers and jewellery.
Click on the gallery to see the IndyBest buys
Anyone looking to give their skin a treat should pick up a tub of Boots' mango or cocoa butter moisturiser. Sainsbury's lillies make a pretty and good-value gift. And for something extra special, the Cred bangle is a fine and delicate example of Fairtrade jewellery.
4. Sainsbury's Fairtrade Lillies, £6 (in store only)
Read more: Fairtrade Fortnight 2014: 10 best foods
Nearly 100,000 of Britain's poorest children go hungry after parents' benefits are cut
Durham Free School: 'Creationism taught at' free school facing closure
End of the licence fee: BBC to back radical overhaul of how it is funded
Elif Shafak: Turkish author warns against rise of British nationalism
Ex-head of MI6: 'We shouldn't kid ourselves that Russia is on a path to democracy'
Most people think legal tax avoidance is just as wrong as illegal tax evasion, poll suggests
- 1 Tourist films plane's descent just metres above packed Caribbean beach
- 2 Indian woman creates 'Marriage CV' after parents put her on dating site: 'Definitely not marriage material. Won’t grow long hair, ever'
- 3 World Book Day: Boy 'excluded' from school after dressing up as Fifty Shades' Christian Grey
- 4 Have sex with your iPad thanks to the new sex toy no-one asked for
- 5 GamerGate: developer Tim Schafer provokes rage with joke about online gaming activists at industry awards