Fairtrade Fortnight 2014: 9 best cosmetics, jewellery and gifts
Fairtrade’s not all chocolate, coffee and bananas. Check out these other great ethically produced products
Tuesday 25 February 2014
The movement's know for its food and drink products, but there are more than 4,500 Fairtrade items to choose from. We round up the best ethically produced smellies, clothes, flowers and jewellery.
Click on the gallery to see the IndyBest buys
Anyone looking to give their skin a treat should pick up a tub of Boots' mango or cocoa butter moisturiser. Sainsbury's lillies make a pretty and good-value gift. And for something extra special, the Cred bangle is a fine and delicate example of Fairtrade jewellery.
4. Sainsbury's Fairtrade Lillies, £6 (in store only)
Read more: Fairtrade Fortnight 2014: 10 best foods
Yvette Cooper: Our choice is years of Tory rule under Jeremy Corbyn – or a return to a Labour government
Labour leadership contender Jeremy Corbyn says 'we can learn a great deal from Karl Marx'
Public anger after French sunbather beaten up by gang for wearing a bikini in Reims park
Labour leadership: New poll shows party is now even 'less electable' than under Ed Miliband
Calais crisis: For desperate migrants it is 'England or death' as they brave dogs, riot police and speeding trains
While we fixate on Calais, the Government is quietly deporting dozens of migrants on 'ghost flights'
- 1 Top Gear team of Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond and James May officially heading to Amazon Prime for new car show
- 2 Stuart Baggs: Apprentice star 'The Brand' found dead aged 27
- 3 How to cancel Amazon Prime: after Top Gear hiring, how to leave premium service
- 4 Tesco scraps 'unexpected item in the bagging area' as self-checkouts switch to less 'frustrating' audio
- 5 Living in Spain and commuting to London 'cheaper than actually working in London'