Fairtrade Fortnight 2014: 9 best cosmetics, jewellery and gifts
Fairtrade’s not all chocolate, coffee and bananas. Check out these other great ethically produced products
Tuesday 25 February 2014
The movement's know for its food and drink products, but there are more than 4,500 Fairtrade items to choose from. We round up the best ethically produced smellies, clothes, flowers and jewellery.
Click on the gallery to see the IndyBest buys
Anyone looking to give their skin a treat should pick up a tub of Boots' mango or cocoa butter moisturiser. Sainsbury's lillies make a pretty and good-value gift. And for something extra special, the Cred bangle is a fine and delicate example of Fairtrade jewellery.
4. Sainsbury's Fairtrade Lillies, £6 (in store only)
Read more: Fairtrade Fortnight 2014: 10 best foods
Scottish independence: English people overwhelmingly want Scotland to stay in the UK
Richard Dawkins on babies with Down Syndrome: 'Abort it and try again – it would be immoral to bring it into the world'
Isis threat: Cameron wants an alliance with Iran
Crisis? What crisis? A visiting US doctor gives the NHS a rave review
Michael Brown shooting: Chaos erupts on the streets of Ferguson after autopsy shows teenager was shot six times – twice in the head
Scottish Independence Referendum: Salmond described as 'arrogant, ambitious and dishonest' by Scottish women
- 1 Richard Dawkins on babies with Down Syndrome: 'Abort it and try again – it would be immoral to bring it into the world'
- 2 ALS ice bucket challenge co-founder Corey Griffin drowns, aged 27
- 3 James Foley beheading: Fox news presenter Megyn Kelly annoyed by Ferguson update during broadcast about murdered journalist
- 4 Kajieme Powell: Missouri police release video footage of second man killed by officers
- 5 Paul Scholes: Manchester United need five experienced players who can turn round a desperate situation