10 best cross-body handbags
Go hands-free with a bag that is perfect for festival season and for keeping valuables close
Linda Sharkey has been an online journalist at The Independent since 2011. She's Content Producer and online fashion writer. In the past, she's worked in different areas across the website, including editor of mobile app Independent Plus.
Wednesday 04 June 2014
With summer comes festival season and even if you’re not off to a muddy field, there will still be lots of other outdoor dos. You’ll need a bag that will fit all your little essentials without weighing you down and that you don’t have to lug around on your arm.
A cross-body bag is the ideal hands-free solution and there are loads of styles in the shops. We’ve scouted out a selection of satchels and other perfectly proportioned bags; from something super-casual like Asos’s pineapple number to Juicy Couture’s glam Sierra, we hope there is something you fancy to see you through the fun times.
Click on the gallery to see the IndyBest buys
For a timeless leather bag that will last and go with everything, we like Jack Wills Milby. It’s small, but a cool option if you want to travel light. For something a bit roomier, Laura Ashley’s satchel has space to stash stuff to enable some outfit changes. If you want to go designer, try Marc by Marc Jacobs for a standout piece.
Britain to take more refugees as Cameron bows to pressure after more than 250,000 back our campaign
Senior British politicians tell David Cameron: When dead children are being washed up on beaches – it's time to act
Jeremy Corbyn calls Osama bin Laden's killing a 'tragedy' - but was it taken out of context?
If these extraordinarily powerful images of a dead Syrian child washed up on a beach don't change Europe's attitude to refugees, what will?
If you're not already angry about the refugee crisis, here's a history lesson to remind you why you really should be
Make your voice heard: Sign The Independent's petition to welcome refugees
- 1 What marriage would look like if we actually followed the Bible
- 2 If these extraordinarily powerful images of a dead Syrian child washed up on a beach don't change Europe's attitude to refugees, what will?
- 3 'Heartbreaking' Syria orphan photo wasn't taken in Syria and not of orphan
- 4 Bob Geldof offers to take four refugee families into his home 'immediately' as he condemns humanitarian crisis as a ‘f**king disgrace'
- 5 Orthorexia nervosa: How becoming obsessed with healthy eating can lead to malnutrition