10 best dressing gowns
We’re heading for another cold snap. Stay snug and warm at home in one of these stylish robes
Monday 27 January 2014
Dressing gowns are the ultimate winter comfort wear; slip one on after a long soak in the tub, a lazy Sunday morning or after a hard day’s work.
Whether you want a snug gown to keep away the chill on winter mornings or a sexy number for a Valentine’s weekend away, we have found the best ones out there for men and women, from H&M’s short leopard print gown to Marks and Spencer’s North Coast Bonded Fleece.
Click on the gallery to see the IndyBest buys
No wonder The White Company’s Hydrocotton Hooded Robe has become such a top seller - it ticks every box for comfort and warmth and it’s unisex too, which means you can steal his or her gown without looking odd. For a budget option, the BHS Black Fleece Dressing Gown is a steal for decent quality, while the Julianne Silk Short Robe smacks of pure luxury, yet will last you too.
Britain to take more refugees as Cameron bows to pressure after more than 250,000 back our campaign
Senior British politicians tell David Cameron: When dead children are being washed up on beaches – it's time to act
Jeremy Corbyn calls Osama bin Laden's killing a 'tragedy' - but was it taken out of context?
If these extraordinarily powerful images of a dead Syrian child washed up on a beach don't change Europe's attitude to refugees, what will?
If you're not already angry about the refugee crisis, here's a history lesson to remind you why you really should be
Refugees welcome: More than 250,000 sign Independent petition calling for Britain to 'take its fair share'
- 1 What marriage would look like if we actually followed the Bible
- 2 President Obama leaves touching comment on Humans of New York photo from Iran
- 3 If these extraordinarily powerful images of a dead Syrian child washed up on a beach don't change Europe's attitude to refugees, what will?
- 4 The Chinese city where men have 'three girlfriends because there are so many women'
- 5 'Heartbreaking' Syria orphan photo wasn't taken in Syria and not of orphan