Footloose: 10 best flat shoes for spring
We run through lace-ups, pumps, sandals and slingbacks to see you through until summer. And there’s not a heel in sight
Linda Sharkey has been an online journalist at The Independent since 2011. She is involved in different areas across the website and is currently the editor of our latest tool, Independent Plus. As the fashionista of the team, she looks after our Fashion section. Linda also shares her style on her pesonal blog www.fashioninsideout.co.uk
Thursday 20 March 2014
The onset of (slightly) warmer weather makes us want to get out and about, free our feet from boots and tights and slip into something a little more, well, spring-like.
From pretty pastel lace-ups and paired down, elegant sandals to colour-popping pumps and plimsoles, we think we’ve found flat footwear that will get you through the next few months.
Click on the gallery to see the IndyBest buys
Zara’s versatile pointy flats, with their gold detailing will work for day and night. New Look’s daisy print trainers are a winner for festival season. And for when the mercury finally goes up – or you head off on holiday – River Island’s pastel mules are an ideal poolside choice.
Scottish independence: English people overwhelmingly want Scotland to stay in the UK
Isis threat: Cameron wants an alliance with Iran
Crisis? What crisis? A visiting US doctor gives the NHS a rave review
Michael Brown shooting: Chaos erupts on the streets of Ferguson after autopsy shows teenager was shot six times – twice in the head
Richard Dawkins on babies with Down Syndrome: 'Abort it and try again. It would be immoral to bring it into the world'
Scottish Independence Referendum: Salmond described as 'arrogant, ambitious and dishonest' by Scottish women
- 1 James Foley 'beheaded': Isis video shows militant with British accent 'execute US journalist' – and warns Obama of more to come
- 2 ALS ice bucket challenge co-founder Corey Griffin drowns aged 27
- 3 Cilla Black defends Cliff Richard: 'I am positive that the allegations are without foundation'
- 4 Nicki Minaj finally releases predictable 'Anaconda' video
- 5 James Foley 'beheading': Met police warn public watching murder video could be criminal offence