Footloose: 10 best flat shoes for spring
We run through lace-ups, pumps, sandals and slingbacks to see you through until summer. And there’s not a heel in sight
Linda Sharkey has been an online journalist at The Independent since 2011. She is involved in different areas across the website and is currently the editor of our latest tool, Independent Plus. As the fashionista of the team, she looks after our Fashion section. Linda also shares her style on her pesonal blog www.fashioninsideout.co.uk
Thursday 20 March 2014
The onset of (slightly) warmer weather makes us want to get out and about, free our feet from boots and tights and slip into something a little more, well, spring-like.
From pretty pastel lace-ups and paired down, elegant sandals to colour-popping pumps and plimsoles, we think we’ve found flat footwear that will get you through the next few months.
Click on the gallery to see the IndyBest buys
Zara’s versatile pointy flats, with their gold detailing will work for day and night. New Look’s daisy print trainers are a winner for festival season. And for when the mercury finally goes up – or you head off on holiday – River Island’s pastel mules are an ideal poolside choice.
EU referendum: David Cameron's rules are a 'democratic disgrace', says French-born Scottish politician set to be denied a vote
SNP fury as HS2 finds 'no business case' for taking fast train service to Scotland
British tourists complain that impoverished boat migrants are making holidays 'awkward' in Kos
Australian man punched in the face for defending Muslim women from abuse on train
A nation of inequality: How the UK is failing to feed its most vulnerable people
David Starkey 'tells Amal Clooney to shut up and stop over-promoting human rights'
- 1 10 ways we damage our teeth – without realising
- 2 Fifa corruption arrests: Nike reported to be 'multinational sportswear company' at centre of bribery claims over Brazil shirt deal
- 3 Facebook Messenger sends 'creepily' precise location data, as revealed by Marauders Map Chrome extension
- 4 Photo of wedding guest proposing to girlfriend in front of bride and groom goes viral
- 5 Charlie Charlie Challenge explained: it's just gravity — not a Mexican demon being summoned