Sloping off: 10 best ski jackets
The 2014 ski season’s in full swing. Make sure you hit the slopes in style in one of these coats
Wednesday 08 January 2014
Whether you stick to the green runs or are a more adventurous skier tackling black slopes and off-piste terrain, we round up the best jackets to hit the snow for the 2013/14 season.
From Columbia's versatile Alpine Action jacket to Helly Hanson's top-of-the-range and chic women's Sunrise coat, we pick the best performing and best-looking outerwear available. Some of these clever coats will be just as useful back in the UK for cold and windy days.
Click on the gallery to see the IndyBest buys
You can't beat the Columbia coat when it comes to value and it's one that you can wear just as comfortably back in Blighty without looking too piste-ready. Eider's Women's Cosmic Jacket is an impressive technical jacket for serious skiers and Spyder's Timeless Hoody Women’s jacket is a winner in the style stakes.
The moment a Queen's Guard soldier lost it and drew his gun at annoying tourist
Greece crisis: The wider lesson is that it’s time to abandon this failed experiment in currencies
'I wish the BBC would stop calling it Islamic State' – David Cameron unleashes frustration at broadcaster
Pentagon accuses Russia of 'playing with fire' over nuclear threats towards Nato
They are neither a 'state' nor 'Islamic': Why we shouldn't call them Isis, Isil or IS
Tunisia beach attack: How can British Muslims respond to the latest outrages?
- 1 Kim Jong-un shows off airport designed by architect he likely had executed
- 2 Tunisia hotel attack: Locals form 'human shield' to protect hotel from gunman Seifeddine Rezgui
- 3 German ethics council calls for incest between siblings to be legalised by Government
- 4 Fifty Shades of Grey author E.L James's Twitter Q&A didn't go exactly as planned
- 5 Facebook rainbow profile pictures likely being tracked by social network