Sloping off: 10 best ski jackets
The 2014 ski season’s in full swing. Make sure you hit the slopes in style in one of these coats
Wednesday 08 January 2014
Whether you stick to the green runs or are a more adventurous skier tackling black slopes and off-piste terrain, we round up the best jackets to hit the snow for the 2013/14 season.
From Columbia's versatile Alpine Action jacket to Helly Hanson's top-of-the-range and chic women's Sunrise coat, we pick the best performing and best-looking outerwear available. Some of these clever coats will be just as useful back in the UK for cold and windy days.
Click on the gallery to see the IndyBest buys
You can't beat the Columbia coat when it comes to value and it's one that you can wear just as comfortably back in Blighty without looking too piste-ready. Eider's Women's Cosmic Jacket is an impressive technical jacket for serious skiers and Spyder's Timeless Hoody Women’s jacket is a winner in the style stakes.
The only black face in the Ukip manifesto is on the page about overseas aid
If I’m being racially abused I don’t need a stranger with a saviour complex to rescue me
Ukip is the only main political party to not address LGBT rights in its manifesto
Food banks: One million Britons will soon be using them, according to Trussell Trust
BBC election debate: The one photo that summed up the whole 90-minute leaders debate
Religion isn't growing, it is becoming vigorous in its demise, says philosopher AC Grayling
- 1 18th century sex toy found in 'toilet of sword fighting school' in Poland
- 2 US? China? India? The 10 biggest economies in 2030 will be...
- 3 'I wish my teacher knew...': Young students share their 'heartbreaking' worries in notes
- 4 Rebecca Francis accuses Ricky Gervais of using 'influence' to target female hunters after receiving barrage of death threats
- 5 Australian student Tommy Connolly, 23, adopts his pregnant, homeless 17-year-old cousin to give her a chance at 'a better life'