Sloping off: 10 best ski jackets
The 2014 ski season’s in full swing. Make sure you hit the slopes in style in one of these coats
Wednesday 08 January 2014
Whether you stick to the green runs or are a more adventurous skier tackling black slopes and off-piste terrain, we round up the best jackets to hit the snow for the 2013/14 season.
From Columbia's versatile Alpine Action jacket to Helly Hanson's top-of-the-range and chic women's Sunrise coat, we pick the best performing and best-looking outerwear available. Some of these clever coats will be just as useful back in the UK for cold and windy days.
Click on the gallery to see the IndyBest buys
You can't beat the Columbia coat when it comes to value and it's one that you can wear just as comfortably back in Blighty without looking too piste-ready. Eider's Women's Cosmic Jacket is an impressive technical jacket for serious skiers and Spyder's Timeless Hoody Women’s jacket is a winner in the style stakes.
Britain to take more refugees as Cameron bows to pressure after more than 250,000 back our campaign
Senior British politicians tell David Cameron: When dead children are being washed up on beaches – it's time to act
Jeremy Corbyn calls Osama bin Laden's killing a 'tragedy' - but was it taken out of context?
If these extraordinarily powerful images of a dead Syrian child washed up on a beach don't change Europe's attitude to refugees, what will?
If you're not already angry about the refugee crisis, here's a history lesson to remind you why you really should be
Refugees welcome: More than 250,000 sign Independent petition calling for Britain to 'take its fair share'
- 1 What marriage would look like if we actually followed the Bible
- 2 President Obama leaves touching comment on Humans of New York photo from Iran
- 3 If these extraordinarily powerful images of a dead Syrian child washed up on a beach don't change Europe's attitude to refugees, what will?
- 4 The Chinese city where men have 'three girlfriends because there are so many women'
- 5 'Heartbreaking' Syria orphan photo wasn't taken in Syria and not of orphan