Sloping off: 10 best ski jackets
The 2014 ski season’s in full swing. Make sure you hit the slopes in style in one of these coats
Wednesday 08 January 2014
Whether you stick to the green runs or are a more adventurous skier tackling black slopes and off-piste terrain, we round up the best jackets to hit the snow for the 2013/14 season.
From Columbia's versatile Alpine Action jacket to Helly Hanson's top-of-the-range and chic women's Sunrise coat, we pick the best performing and best-looking outerwear available. Some of these clever coats will be just as useful back in the UK for cold and windy days.
Click on the gallery to see the IndyBest buys
You can't beat the Columbia coat when it comes to value and it's one that you can wear just as comfortably back in Blighty without looking too piste-ready. Eider's Women's Cosmic Jacket is an impressive technical jacket for serious skiers and Spyder's Timeless Hoody Women’s jacket is a winner in the style stakes.
Nigel Farage brands LGBT activists 'filth' and 'scum' and accuses them of scaring away his children after they invade his local pub
Ukip supporters are 55 or older, white and socially conservative, finds British Social Attitudes Report
JK Rowling responds to fan tweeting she 'can't see' Dumbledore being gay
Russia threatens Denmark with nuclear weapons if it tries to join Nato defence shield
Jeremy Clarkson sacked live: Alan Yentob 'wouldn't rule out' ex Top Gear host's BBC return
Germanwings plane crash live: Co-pilot Andreas Lubitz wanted to 'do something people would remember him for'
- 1 Finland schools: Subjects scrapped and replaced with 'topics' as country reforms its education system
- 2 The West has it totally wrong on Lee Kuan Yew
- 3 #FreeTheNipple: Women in Iceland bare breasts in solidarity with trolled student
- 4 Scientists have discovered a simple way to cook rice that dramatically cuts the calories
- 5 Zayn Malik quits One Direction: Hundreds of workers request compassionate leave following band member's exit