12 best beach dresses
Keep cool in the heat at home or abroad in one of these light cover-ups that will keep you looking stylish on the sand
Thursday 17 July 2014
With temperatures hotting up, it's time to hit the beach. As well as your swimmers and sun lotion, an easy-to-wear cover up will keep you cool, looking stylish, and a bit more protected from the rays. We've found a range of low maintenance pieces you can throw on.
There are maxis, shirt dresses , kimono-style cover ups, strappy numbers and bandeaus to choose from, cherry-picked from high street favourites like Topshop and Zara as well as from online holidaywear specialists like Simply Beach. Take a look at the IndyBest edit.
Click on the gallery to see the IndyBest buys
For a good-value dress that will work just as well on the beach, round the pool or in the park, we like Next's versatile beach dress in pink or black. Make a statement on holiday in Seafolly's luxe Rio Maxi Dress. And for a bit of an edge on the sand, our pick's Tophsop's Amazonia shirt dress.
Rotherham child sex abuse scandal: Labour Home Office to be probed over what Tony Blair's government knew - and when
Robin Williams Emmys tribute led by Billy Crystal criticised for including 'racist' joke about Muslim woman
The Rotherham child abuse scandal is a tale of apologists, misogyny and double standards
What do immigrants really think of Britain? Polish immigrant's Reddit post goes viral
Do you realise just how foolish the UK looks?
With Douglas Carswell joining Ukip, my party has taken another giant step forward
- 1 Half of young women unable to ‘locate vagina’ and 65% find it difficult to say the word
- 2 Perez Hilton apologises for Jennifer Lawrence naked photo leak
- 3 A teacher speaks out: 'I'm effectively being forced out of a career that I wanted to love'
- 4 Mexican woman becomes world’s 'oldest person' at 127
- 5 Jennifer Lawrence 'naked sex video' will be leaked threatens 4Chan celebrity photo hacker