12 best beach dresses
Keep cool in the heat at home or abroad in one of these light cover-ups that will keep you looking stylish on the sand
Thursday 17 July 2014
With temperatures hotting up, it's time to hit the beach. As well as your swimmers and sun lotion, an easy-to-wear cover up will keep you cool, looking stylish, and a bit more protected from the rays. We've found a range of low maintenance pieces you can throw on.
There are maxis, shirt dresses , kimono-style cover ups, strappy numbers and bandeaus to choose from, cherry-picked from high street favourites like Topshop and Zara as well as from online holidaywear specialists like Simply Beach. Take a look at the IndyBest edit.
Click on the gallery to see the IndyBest buys
For a good-value dress that will work just as well on the beach, round the pool or in the park, we like Next's versatile beach dress in pink or black. Make a statement on holiday in Seafolly's luxe Rio Maxi Dress. And for a bit of an edge on the sand, our pick's Tophsop's Amazonia shirt dress.
Migrants in Kos: Photos show real tragedy after Brits abroad complain of 'awkward' holidays
Thousands of teenage girls enduring debilitating illnesses after routine school cancer vaccination
British tourists complain that impoverished boat migrants are making holidays 'awkward' in Kos
Michael Gove determined to scrap the Human Rights Act – even if Scotland retains it
Threat to scrap Human Rights Act could see UK follow Nazi example, warns UN official
Why this year's general election was the most unfair in Britain's history
- 1 Man on naked bike ride gets ejected after becoming aroused
- 2 Charles Kennedy dead: Former Lib Dem leader dies at home aged 55 - latest news
- 3 Ayyan Ali: Pakistan's top model now appears in the courtroom rather than on the catwalk
- 4 Fifa corruption: Europe plots to stage an 'alternative World Cup' in place of Russia 2018
- 5 Jaden Smith wears gender fluid dress to high school prom with Hunger Games actress