12 best beach dresses
Keep cool in the heat at home or abroad in one of these light cover-ups that will keep you looking stylish on the sand
Thursday 17 July 2014
With temperatures hotting up, it's time to hit the beach. As well as your swimmers and sun lotion, an easy-to-wear cover up will keep you cool, looking stylish, and a bit more protected from the rays. We've found a range of low maintenance pieces you can throw on.
There are maxis, shirt dresses , kimono-style cover ups, strappy numbers and bandeaus to choose from, cherry-picked from high street favourites like Topshop and Zara as well as from online holidaywear specialists like Simply Beach. Take a look at the IndyBest edit.
Click on the gallery to see the IndyBest buys
For a good-value dress that will work just as well on the beach, round the pool or in the park, we like Next's versatile beach dress in pink or black. Make a statement on holiday in Seafolly's luxe Rio Maxi Dress. And for a bit of an edge on the sand, our pick's Tophsop's Amazonia shirt dress.
Nigel Farage: Me vs Russell Brand on Question Time – he's got the chest hair but where are his ideas?
Shock poll shows voters believe Ukip is to the left of the Tories
Disgruntled RBS worker writes hilarious open letter to Russell Brand after anti-capitalist publicity stunt leaves him hungry
New era of cheap oil 'will destroy green revolution'
Ukip founder Alan Sked and Nigel Farage 'begged Enoch Powell to stand as a candidate'
Ukip candidate jokes about 'shooting peasants' in racist and homophobic rant
- 1 Nigel Farage: Me vs Russell Brand on Question Time – he's got the chest hair but where are his ideas?
- 2 Harry Potter fans can apply to the Hogwarts-inspired College of Wizardry
- 3 Jessica Chambers: 19-year-old woman 'doused with lighter fluid and burned alive' in the US
- 4 Russell Brand calls Nigel Farage 'poundshop Enoch Powell' in BBC Question Time debate
- 5 Orange Wednesdays are no more