Sun-kissed: 11 best bronzers
Give skin a natural-looking boost this summer with our pick of the best bronzers on the market
Wednesday 21 May 2014
Use an over-sized blusher brush to swirl powder bronzers onto cheekbones, forehead, nose, chin, collarbone, décolletée and shoulders – all the places where the sun naturally catches – and build colour gradually for an even natural finish.
Gel bronzers should be applied like a moisturiser and blended down over the jawline to avoid the tell-tale tide mark. And for stick bronzers, pat on to cheekbones with finger tips and sweep up to the temples.
We've tried a tested a range to bring you the best out there.
Click on the gallery for the IndyBest buys
Make-up artist Daniel Sandler has come up with another winner with his ultra-natural Instant Tan bronzer – no chance of looking orange or muddy with this one. Bobbi Brown's Bronzing Gel is spectacularly sheer and so easy to apply for an all-over bronze. And you can't beat Bourjois' Maxi Delight Bronzer for affordability.
Daniele Watts: Django Unchained actress detained by Los Angeles police after being mistaken for a prostitute
George Galloway on Scottish independence: The political class is doing what Hitler couldn’t – destroying Britain
Scottish independence: Nationalist leader Jim Sillars threatens pro-union companies with 'day of reckoning' after independence
Scottish independence: Yes campaign feels the heat as Alex Salmond's NHS claims come under furious attack
Scottish independence: Britain faces 'constitutional crisis' at next election
£23m Birmingham cycle scheme is attacked by Tory councillor for not catering to the elderly
- 1 Lego breaks out of the toy box and heads for the gallery
- 2 A bottle of wine a day is not bad for you and abstaining is worse than drinking, scientist claims
- 3 Piers Morgan attempts to save the Union by promising to go back to the US if Scotland votes 'No' to independence
- 4 Tyler, The Creator says having new U2 album automatically downloaded on his iPhone was 'like waking up with herpes'
- 5 Grandmas keep accidentally tagging themselves as Grandmaster Flash on Facebook