Sun-kissed: 11 best bronzers
Give skin a natural-looking boost this summer with our pick of the best bronzers on the market
Wednesday 21 May 2014
Use an over-sized blusher brush to swirl powder bronzers onto cheekbones, forehead, nose, chin, collarbone, décolletée and shoulders – all the places where the sun naturally catches – and build colour gradually for an even natural finish.
Gel bronzers should be applied like a moisturiser and blended down over the jawline to avoid the tell-tale tide mark. And for stick bronzers, pat on to cheekbones with finger tips and sweep up to the temples.
We've tried a tested a range to bring you the best out there.
Click on the gallery for the IndyBest buys
Make-up artist Daniel Sandler has come up with another winner with his ultra-natural Instant Tan bronzer – no chance of looking orange or muddy with this one. Bobbi Brown's Bronzing Gel is spectacularly sheer and so easy to apply for an all-over bronze. And you can't beat Bourjois' Maxi Delight Bronzer for affordability.
Greece crisis: IMF was pushed around by Angela Merkel and Nicholas Sarkozy – and now it is being humiliated
Nathan Collier: Montana man inspired by same-sex marriage ruling requests right to wed two wives
Forget little green men – aliens will look like humans, says Cambridge University evolution expert
'I wish the BBC would stop calling it Islamic State' – David Cameron unleashes frustration at broadcaster
Greece crisis: The wider lesson is that it’s time to abandon this failed experiment in currencies
Girl, 7, stares down hate preacher at Ohio festival with pro-LGBT rainbow flag gesture
- 1 Michelle Watt's father says TV presenter killed herself because she was in constant pain
- 2 Nathan Collier: Montana man inspired by same-sex marriage ruling requests right to wed two wives
- 3 'Help me I'm trapped in a factory' messages keep being found on bottles of vitamin water
- 4 North Korean defector flees to Finland 'with evidence of chemical testing on humans'
- 5 Greek debt crisis: The photograph that conveys the despair of Greece's elderly