12 best cleansers
A good cleanser should form part of your daily beauty routine. Whether you're skin is sensitive, oily, dry or all three, here's our pick
Tuesday 05 August 2014
Cleansers are not the most exciting of beauty purchases, but a good one – and they are worth investing in - will sweep away make-up in no time (and let's face it, cleansing isn't the most exciting part of a beauty routine, so the faster the better in my book).
They keep pores unclogged and clean to help prevent breakouts. Some have added skincare treats like vitamins, omega oils and anti-oxidants. We've tried and tested dozens - from This Works' quick and easy option for cleansing on the go to Dermalogica Ultracalming Cleanser to soothe easily irritated skin, there should be something for every skin type.
Click on the gallery to see the IndyBest buys
For a simple, inexpensive creamy cleanser that is kind to skin, you won't find better than Nivea's Daily Essentials Cleansing Milk. But for a luxury cleansing facial treat, Liz Earle's Cleanse & Polish is the undisputed cleansing champion.
Daniele Watts: Django Unchained actress detained by Los Angeles police after being mistaken for a prostitute
Scottish independence referendum: A nation divided against itself
The political class is doing what Hitler couldn’t – destroying Britain
Scottish independence: Nationalist leader Jim Sillars threatens pro-union companies with 'day of reckoning' after independence
Portuguese academic says British are 'filthy, violent and drunk'
Scottish independence: David Cameron is becoming the 'George Bush of Britain'
- 1 Thailand beach murders: Thai PM suggests 'attractive' female tourists cannot expect to be safe wearing bikinis
- 2 Scottish independence: Learn from Quebec's mistakes and beware of promises. Vote Yes.
- 3 A bottle of wine a day is not bad for you and abstaining is worse than drinking, scientist claims
- 4 Revealed after 75 years of secrecy: 'Fifi' the glamorous WW2 special agent who tested British spies' resolve
- 5 Have you heard about the film Singapore has banned its people from watching? Well, you have now