Fake it: 10 best self-tanners for body
As the weather warms up, prepare to bare this spring with our pick of the best self-tanning products
Saturday 19 April 2014
Much like painting and decorating, a faux glow will only ever be as good as the preparation beforehand. So, always exfoliate, shave and moisturise 24 hours before going for gold (en limbs).
Apply a light moisturiser to dry bits just before starting - ankles, knees, feet, wrists and elbows - and massage in a circular motion, using a tanning mitt to avoid bronzed palms.
Novices could try a gradual tanner like This Works Perfect Legs Gradual Tan or Seventeen's wash-off Instant Glow Bronzing Mousse, while those after a deep tan should opt for the likes of Lancome's Flash Bronzer or Fake Bake's 60 minutes.
Click on the gallery to see the IndyBest buys
Celebrity tanner James Read has perfected his Bronzing Spray to give you an A-list salon result at home. But top marks go to St Tropez for sheer innovation – a sensitive range for easily irritated skin and safe for use in pregnancy is a winner in our book.
New theory could prove how life began and disprove God
This is what it's like to be dead, according to a guy who died for a bit
'Jihadi John': CAGE representative storms off Sky News accusing Kay Burley of Islamophobia
Ukip would cut billions from Scottish budget to fund English tax cuts
Russia's roadmap for annexing eastern Ukraine 'leaked from Vladimir Putin's office'
Ukraine crisis: Top Chinese diplomat backs Putin and says West should 'abandon zero-sum mentality'
- 1 Raif Badawi, the Saudi Arabian blogger sentenced to 1,000 lashes, may now face death penalty
- 2 PornHub turns masturbation into energy in bid to save the planet
- 3 Robert Mugabe eats a zoo for 'obscene' 91st birthday party
- 4 The remarkable archaeological underwater discovery that could open up a new chapter in the study of European and British prehistory
- 5 The jihadi girls who went to Syria weren't just radicalised by Isis — they were groomed