Fake it: 10 best self-tanners for body
As the weather warms up, prepare to bare this spring with our pick of the best self-tanning products
Saturday 19 April 2014
Much like painting and decorating, a faux glow will only ever be as good as the preparation beforehand. So, always exfoliate, shave and moisturise 24 hours before going for gold (en limbs).
Apply a light moisturiser to dry bits just before starting - ankles, knees, feet, wrists and elbows - and massage in a circular motion, using a tanning mitt to avoid bronzed palms.
Novices could try a gradual tanner like This Works Perfect Legs Gradual Tan or Seventeen's wash-off Instant Glow Bronzing Mousse, while those after a deep tan should opt for the likes of Lancome's Flash Bronzer or Fake Bake's 60 minutes.
Click on the gallery to see the IndyBest buys
Celebrity tanner James Read has perfected his Bronzing Spray to give you an A-list salon result at home. But top marks go to St Tropez for sheer innovation – a sensitive range for easily irritated skin and safe for use in pregnancy is a winner in our book.
The only black face in the Ukip manifesto is on the page about overseas aid
Ukip is the only main political party to not address LGBT rights in its manifesto
If I’m being racially abused I don’t need a stranger with a saviour complex to rescue me
BBC election debate: The one photo that summed up the whole 90-minute leaders debate
Religion isn't growing, it is becoming vigorous in its demise, says philosopher AC Grayling
General Election 2015: Polish prince challenges Nigel Farage to a duel over immigration question
- 1 BBC election debate: The one photo that summed up the whole 90-minute leaders debate
- 2 18th century sex toy found in 'toilet of sword fighting school' in Poland
- 3 'I wish my teacher knew...': Young students share their 'heartbreaking' worries in notes
- 4 Rebecca Francis accuses Ricky Gervais of using 'influence' to target female hunters after receiving barrage of death threats
- 5 Australian student Tommy Connolly, 23, adopts his pregnant, homeless 17-year-old cousin to give her a chance at 'a better life'