Fake it: 10 best self-tanners for body
As the weather warms up, prepare to bare this spring with our pick of the best self-tanning products
Saturday 19 April 2014
Much like painting and decorating, a faux glow will only ever be as good as the preparation beforehand. So, always exfoliate, shave and moisturise 24 hours before going for gold (en limbs).
Apply a light moisturiser to dry bits just before starting - ankles, knees, feet, wrists and elbows - and massage in a circular motion, using a tanning mitt to avoid bronzed palms.
Novices could try a gradual tanner like This Works Perfect Legs Gradual Tan or Seventeen's wash-off Instant Glow Bronzing Mousse, while those after a deep tan should opt for the likes of Lancome's Flash Bronzer or Fake Bake's 60 minutes.
Click on the gallery to see the IndyBest buys
Celebrity tanner James Read has perfected his Bronzing Spray to give you an A-list salon result at home. But top marks go to St Tropez for sheer innovation – a sensitive range for easily irritated skin and safe for use in pregnancy is a winner in our book.
Exclusive: We share blame for creating 'jihad generation', says Muslim strategist
Robin Williams Emmys tribute led by Billy Crystal criticised for including 'racist' joke about Muslim woman
The Rotherham child abuse scandal is a tale of apologists, misogyny and double standards
Scottish independence TV debate: Pumped-up Alex Salmond bounces back in bruising second round against Alistair Darling
Do you realise just how foolish the UK looks?
Ukip Douglas Carswell defection: Tory MP jumps ship to join Nigel Farage
- 1 Notting Hill Carnival: Woman shares selfie after being ‘punched in face for telling man to stop groping her’
- 2 Joan Rivers: 'Palestinians deserve to be dead'
- 3 Daily Show's Jon Stewart destroys Fox News for its Ferguson coverage
- 4 Botched ice bucket challenge leaves man critically injured after plane drops hundreds of gallons of water
- 5 Friends reunion: Jennifer Anniston, Lisa Kudrow and Courteney Cox perform mini sketch on Jimmy Kimmel Live
- < Previous
- Next >