10 best fragrances for summer
Our pick of the floral, fresh and exotic scents to see you through the warmer months
Thursday 07 August 2014
Looking for a new scent that’s bursting with summertime blooms, but without being sickly sweet? We’ve found the most exciting fragrances this summer has to offer.
All the scents we’ve chosen take their creative cue from summer, whether that’s long days on the beach or English country gardens, and whilst some provide decadent aromas that will make you feel a million dollars on balmy, summer evenings, others have an emphasis on subtlety and freshness, making them ideal for the daytime.
Click on the gallery to see the IndyBest buys
Elie Saab L'Eau Couture is both sophisticated and sensual, as well as being utterly divine. For a more subtle scent for daytime wear, we love Davidoff Coral Reef Woman.
Nigel Farage brands LGBT activists 'filth' and 'scum' and accuses them of scaring away his children after they invade his local pub
Ukip supporters are 55 or older, white and socially conservative, finds British Social Attitudes Report
JK Rowling responds to fan tweeting she 'can't see' Dumbledore being gay
Russia threatens Denmark with nuclear weapons if it tries to join Nato defence shield
Jeremy Clarkson sacked live: Alan Yentob 'wouldn't rule out' ex Top Gear host's BBC return
Germanwings plane crash live: Co-pilot Andreas Lubitz wanted to 'do something people would remember him for'
- 1 Finland schools: Subjects scrapped and replaced with 'topics' as country reforms its education system
- 2 The West has it totally wrong on Lee Kuan Yew
- 3 #FreeTheNipple: Women in Iceland bare breasts in solidarity with trolled student
- 4 Scientists have discovered a simple way to cook rice that dramatically cuts the calories
- 5 Zayn Malik quits One Direction: Hundreds of workers request compassionate leave following band member's exit