10 best fragrances for summer
Our pick of the floral, fresh and exotic scents to see you through the warmer months
Thursday 07 August 2014
Looking for a new scent that’s bursting with summertime blooms, but without being sickly sweet? We’ve found the most exciting fragrances this summer has to offer.
All the scents we’ve chosen take their creative cue from summer, whether that’s long days on the beach or English country gardens, and whilst some provide decadent aromas that will make you feel a million dollars on balmy, summer evenings, others have an emphasis on subtlety and freshness, making them ideal for the daytime.
Click on the gallery to see the IndyBest buys
Elie Saab L'Eau Couture is both sophisticated and sensual, as well as being utterly divine. For a more subtle scent for daytime wear, we love Davidoff Coral Reef Woman.
If I’m being racially abused I don’t need a stranger with a saviour complex to rescue me
The only black face in the Ukip manifesto is on the page about overseas aid
Ukip is the only main political party to not address LGBT rights in its manifesto
Food banks: One million Britons will soon be using them, according to Trussell Trust
Religion isn't growing, it is becoming vigorous in its demise, says philosopher AC Grayling
BBC election debate: The one photo that summed up the whole 90-minute leaders debate
- 1 Rarest Beanie Baby bought for just £10 at car boot sale could be sold for £62,500 on eBay
- 2 Katie Hopkins and The Sun editor are reported to police for incitement to racial hatred following migrant boat column
- 3 Katie Hopkins has just written a piece so hateful that it might give Hitler pause – why was it published?
- 4 Australian student Tommy Connolly, 23, adopts his pregnant, homeless 17-year-old cousin to give her a chance at 'a better life'
- 5 Cancel Sky at your peril: man spends 96 minutes in chat but fails to get rid of service