Diamonds are a girl's best friend, so they say – but we'd also add gold and labradorite and luxe watches to the list. Whether you're looking for a statement necklace for the office party or a classic piece for your giftee to treasure forever, strike gold with our pick of the best jewellery and watches for Christmas.
1. Astley Clarke Evil Eye Ring: £150, selfridges.com
Stacking rings are two-a-penny this year, but this diamond and turquoise design in 18 carat yellow gold is a bit special and will catch the eye – evil or otherwise – in a group.
2. Wolf and Moon Deco Brooch: £22, notonthehighstreet.com
British designer Hannah Davis makes striking Perspex and wood pieces in interesting colour-ways. Our pick of her latest collection is this geometric brooch in cool blue hues with a bit of sparkle.
3. Lara Bohinc Rose Gold Solar Eclipse Bracelet: £470, amazon.co.uk
Lara Bohinc’s designs, inspired by the natural world, have adorned the wrists of Michelle Obama, Kate Moss and Madonna among others. Here’s a rose gold-plated piece with A-List appeal.
4. Jennifer Loiselle In the Blink of an Eye: £55, jenniferloiselle.com
Jennifer’s a rising star on the British jewellery scene. Her bold, almost cartoon-esque pieces are real conversation starters – these gold peepers are a case in point.
5. Carolina Bucci NSPCC Double Twister Wrap Bracelet: £300, net-a-porter.com
Want to splash out and give something back at the same time this Christmas? Then treat someone to Bucci’s signature ‘twister’ bracelet in NSPCC green. £95 from each sale goes to the children’s charity.
6. Melitza Ortiz H20 Rings: £195 each, militzaortiz.com
With fluid lines and pretty, translucent stones, you can see how water was an inspiration for this collection by the Venezuelan designer, wear one on its own or in stack.
7. Tory Burch Blue Watch: £295, toryburch.co.uk
Gold and richly-hued Italian blue leather make for a luxe-looking combo. Add the geometric double-T logo on the dial, and you get a stand-out timepiece.
8. Olivia Burton Big Dial Watch Pink: £75, watchshop.com
Anyone who likes their watches big and bold will love this hot pink-strapped piece by the cool British duo.
9. Whistles Moxham Helix Longline Necklace: £125, whistles.com
Moxham’s latest collaboration with Whistles packs a style punch: leather, laser-cut steel and silver hardware, which together can be worn multiple ways. Buy this and you’ll get some serious cool points.
10. De Anna Kiernan Geometric Cocktail Ring: £158, boticca.com
Who says a cocktail ring has to be blingy? The bold lines and angles on this chunky piece make as much of a statement as sparkles.
11. Kirsten Goss Maxi Maya Cuff: £225, kirstengoss.com
Bringing the sun’s rays to the wrist, in metal form at least, it’s easy to imagine this kyanite-set cuff adorning a Maya goddess, or your own leading lady.
12. Toosis Three Stones Ring: £67, boticca.com
Three dappled grey labradorite stones on one band makes for an unusual but strikingly beautiful statement ring.
13. Iosselliani Floral Navettes Earrings: £169, amazon.co.uk
If you’re looking for something a bit different, these Italian made show-stoppers manage to look vintage and super-contemporary in one sparkling package.
14. Nocturne Aden Black Necklace: £160, ilovedesigner.com
Black and royal blue together make a real impact. This is one makes for perfect sparkly New Year’s Eve party neck candy.
More Christmas: 12 best Christmas tree decorations
12 best Christmas jumpers
13 best artificial Christmas trees
IndyBest product reviews are unbiased, independent advice you can trust. On some occasions, we earn revenue if you click the links and buy the products, but we never allow this to bias our coverage. The reviews are compiled through a mix of expert opinion and real-world testingReuse content