Things on our Christmas wish list this year: novelty socks and pure cotton pyjamas, polka dot lingerie and Stella McCartney trainers. We've got them all and more in our pick of womenswear gifts.
1. Christopher Kane Black Leather Handbag: £1,100, monnierfreres.co.uk
The first full handbag collection from the brilliant designer arrived this season, and it doesn’t disappoint. This sleek number is an instant classic.
2. Miu Miu Sunglasses: £225, sunglasshut.com
Statement shades aren’t just for summertime – the bright morning sunshine can be blinding but these pretty pastel frames will help keep any glare at bay.
3. Celine Navy Leather Clutch: £315, celine.com
A sleek leather clutch will prove much more versatile than anything covered with sparkles. Silver zips add a touch of toughness, while the blue hue makes a chic alternative to black.
In store only
4. Lanvin I Love You: £35.12, amazon.co.uk
As one of the happiest men in fashion, ladies love Alber Elbaz of Lanvin, and in turn he knows how to please them. This weighty tome is a slice of his sweet sentiment.
5. Maje Fedora: £100, selfridges.com
Woolly hats have their place, but for something more chic than cosy this felted wool fedora with frayed grosgrain ribbon trim is just the ticket.
6. Pollini Party Shoes: £350, shoescribe.com
With a good sturdy heel and fun disco ball finish these are perfect for dancing the night away come New Year’s Eve.
7. Cash Ca Cashmere Slippers: £99, selfridges.com
Why deprive your toes of the luxurious warmth and softness of cashmere? These sleek ballet slippers are beautifully bright but anything but novelty.
8. Carven Lace-front Sweater: £210, farfetch.com
The combination of burgundy and blue on this sweatshirt is striking without making too much of a statement – perfect for the post-Christmas dinner walk to the pub.
9. Jacquard Scarf: £25.99, zara.com
Chips, Kit Kats, scarves – some things in life are just better when they’re chunky. The bright colours are bound to bring cheer to a chilly winter morning.
10. Sophie Hulme Whistle Key Ring: £65, net-a-porter.com
A bit of fashionable fun that doesn’t break the bank, this gold-toned whistle is perfect for those with magpie-like tendencies and a habit of losing their keys.
11. Princesse Tam Tam Romance Pyjamas: shirt, £47, and bottoms, £42, selfridges.com
Blue pinstripe pyjamas sound a bit boyish, but the sweet floral embroidery detail on the yoke adds a fittingly feminine flourish.
12. Mimi Holliday Calypso Lingerie Set: bra, £47, and briefs, £40, damaris.co.uk
This front-fastening triangle bra is part of the Calypso range which boasts over-sized polka dots on peach silk. With different styles suited to different sizes (including some up to GG) there is something for almost everyone.
13. Jimmy Choo Guild Flats: £395, jimmychoo.com
Pointy patent and snake-printed leather pumps are versatile enough to wear to the office or in the evening. The zip trim adds a subtle hint of rebellion.
14. J Crew Leather Card Case: £45, jcrew.com
This dinky leather holder is perfect for keeping travel card, staff pass and a couple of credit cards safe while the silver finish should make it easy to spot in the depths of your handbag.
15. Hugo DH64 Leather Gloves: £119, hugoboss.com
Soft lambskin leather driving gloves will keep hands warm this winter; with an elasticated wrist to ensure they don’t go saggy or baggy.
16. Adidas by Stella McCartney Boost II Trainers: £185, net-a-porter.com
Best only give these if your loved one is a running fanatic or has mentioned a new year’s resolution to get fit – you wouldn’t want her to think you’re dropping hints.
17. Topshop Animal Print Socks: £3.50, topshop.com
Novelty socks don’t have to be naff – the bright clashing colours of this giraffe print are fun and frivolous without being embarrassing.
More Christmas: 10 best alternative advent calendars
12 best Christmas jumpers
13 best artificial Christmas trees
IndyBest product reviews are unbiased, independent advice you can trust. On some occasions, we earn revenue if you click the links and buy the products, but we never allow this to bias our coverage. The reviews are compiled through a mix of expert opinion and real-world testing
- More about:
- Christmas Gifts