Christmas Gift Guide: Presents for Her
Fret not - there’s still plenty of time to find something special to put under the tree, says Rebecca Gonsalves
“Christmas is all around us,” as Bill Nighy’s aged rocker sardonically informs viewers of Love Actually. But even if some smug shoppers have the festive season all sewn up, it can be daunting picking the perfect present for the fashion-lover in your life.
We know money can’t buy love, but surely it can purchase a bit of comfort and joy, not least in the form of super-soft cashmere. You may have forgotten how long and cold the season was last year, but believe me, it’s long and cold. The receiver of your bounty will no doubt be grateful for being able to cuddle up in something cosy.
The use of neon and colour ranges from subtle to statement, while cartoonish animals add a dash of frivolity to even the most mundane of purchases. Harvey Nichols’ tongue-in-cheek “Sorry I spent it on myself” range of essentials provides the perfect gag gift, but the sentiment that most people opt for at this time of year is one of extravagance and indulgence.
A gift is something special, to be treasured forever – or if not, it should at least come with a gift receipt.
'We would evict Queen from Buckingham Palace and allocate her council house,' say Greens
French court convicts three over homophobic tweets, in case hailed as a 'significant victory' by LGBT rights campaigners
Greece elections: Syriza and EU on collision course after election win for left-wing party
British Muslim school children suffering a backlash of abuse following Paris attacks
British grandmother Lindsay Sandiford faces execution by firing squad in Indonesia
Louise Mensch says 'F**K YOU' in explosive tweets about David Cameron, Saudi Embassy and the Queen over King Abdullah tributes
- 1 King Salman: Just five days in, Saudi Arabia's new king has already overseen a beheading
- 2 The BBC has just done more to eradicate ‘terrorism’ than all our wars since 9/11
- 3 Saudi preacher who 'raped and tortured' his five -year-old daughter to death is released after paying 'blood money'
- 4 Presidential optical illusion offers clues to how brain processes faces
- 5 Grumpy Roald Dahl letter warning student to 'eschew beastly adjectives' rediscovered after 35 years