Christmas Gift Guide: Presents for Him
Classic gifts are far from boring: whether stocking stuffer or seasonal splurge, Lee Holmes has the pick of presents for the gent in your life
Monday 09 December 2013
“Christmas is all around us,” as Bill Nighy’s aged rocker sardonically informs viewers of Love Actually.
We know money can’t buy love, but surely it can purchase a bit of comfort and joy, not least in the form of super-soft cashmere. You may have forgotten how long and cold the season was last year, but believe me, it’s long and cold. The receiver of your bounty will no doubt be grateful for being able to cuddle up in something cosy.
A gift is something special, to be treasured forever – or if not, it should at least come with a gift receipt.
Britain's top vet sparks controversy with call for ban on slashing animals' throats in 'ritual' slaughters for halal and kosher meat products
Poor 'live like animals' says Boris's privately educated sister after going on 'poverty safari'
Exclusive: Impact of immigrants on British workers ‘negligible’
Vince Cable: Teachers 'know absolutely nothing' about the world of work
Ukraine crisis: Russia pledges to 'retaliate against sanctions' as Ukrainian president says Crimea vote will not be recognised
The quiet diplomat: Catherine Ashton - recognised and admired in all the world’s troubled countries, yet ridiculed at home
- 1 Australian man Rod Sommerville reacts to bite from deadly snake by reaching for cold beer
- 2 Pakistan vs Paul Smith: Sandal-wearers bemused by famed British designer's attempts to sell traditional Peshawari chappal-style shoes for the distinctly untraditional sum of £300
- 3 North Korea elections: Kim Jong-un wins 100% of the vote
- 4 Steve Irwin’s final words: Cameraman present at death opens up about deadly stingray attack for the first time
- 5 Sharknado 2: Former WWE wrestler Kurt Angle to fight second wave of flying sharks