Christmas Gift Guide: Presents for Him
Classic gifts are far from boring: whether stocking stuffer or seasonal splurge, Lee Holmes has the pick of presents for the gent in your life
Monday 09 December 2013
“Christmas is all around us,” as Bill Nighy’s aged rocker sardonically informs viewers of Love Actually.
We know money can’t buy love, but surely it can purchase a bit of comfort and joy, not least in the form of super-soft cashmere. You may have forgotten how long and cold the season was last year, but believe me, it’s long and cold. The receiver of your bounty will no doubt be grateful for being able to cuddle up in something cosy.
A gift is something special, to be treasured forever – or if not, it should at least come with a gift receipt.
Climate change: 2015 will be the hottest year on record 'by a mile', experts say
Senior British politicians tell David Cameron: When dead children are being washed up on beaches, it's time to act
Jeremy Corbyn calls Osama bin Laden's killing a 'tragedy' - but was it taken out of context?
If these extraordinarily powerful images of a dead Syrian child washed up on a beach don’t change Europe’s attitude to refugees, what will?
If you're not already angry about the refugee crisis, here's a history lesson to remind you why you really should be
Theresa May says migrants should be banned from entering the UK unless they have jobs lined up
- 1 Moscow voted the world's unfriendliest city
- 2 The excuses your boss is most likely to believe when you call in sick
- 3 I'm pansexual – here are the five biggest misconceptions about my sexuality
- 4 More than 11,000 Icelanders offer to house Syrian refugees to help European crisis
- 5 If these extraordinarily powerful images of a dead Syrian child washed up on a beach don’t change Europe’s attitude to refugees, what will?