Deep clean: 10 best travel toiletries
Whether you’re planning a spring weekend break or a long-haul getaway, make sure you have space-saving smellies in your luggage – they make lovely gifts, too
Monday 24 February 2014
Weekend breaks, week-long hols or longer getaways all require careful packing. These useful travel-sized toiletry sets mean you can take away your favourites, or sample some new lotions and potions, while keeping within hand-luggage regulations. From Nivea’s good-value Travel Essentials Kit to Molton Brown’s luxurious carry-on pack, there’s something for every budget.
Click on the gallery to see the IndyBest buys
Verdict: If you’re buying for yourself, the Nivea kit is a comprehensive and good-value option. L’Occitaine’s Petits Pleasures Collection, with the pretty red bag, makes a lovely gift (or indulgent treat). Skin-conscious teens will love Liz Earle’s Try-Me-Kit and it means they can sample the products before making a bigger investment. Finally, the Ragdale Hall set is ideal for making that stark hotel bathroom feel more like a spa.
If I’m being racially abused I don’t need a stranger with a saviour complex to rescue me
The only black face in the Ukip manifesto is on the page about overseas aid
Ukip is the only main political party to not address LGBT rights in its manifesto
Food banks: One million Britons will soon be using them, according to Trussell Trust
Religion isn't growing, it is becoming vigorous in its demise, says philosopher AC Grayling
BBC election debate: The one photo that summed up the whole 90-minute leaders debate
- 1 Rarest Beanie Baby of them all could be sold for £62,500 on eBay
- 2 Ben Affleck asked TV chiefs to hide slave-owning ancestry, new hacked Sony emails published by Wikileaks claim
- 3 Driving while dehydrated can be just as dangerous as drink driving, study suggests
- 4 Farmer told to tear down mock-Tudor castle after hiding construction behind hay bales
- 5 One Direction: Louis Tomlinson launching his own record label, has already 'signed two acts'