Deep clean: 10 best travel toiletries
Whether you’re planning a spring weekend break or a long-haul getaway, make sure you have space-saving smellies in your luggage – they make lovely gifts, too
Monday 24 February 2014
Weekend breaks, week-long hols or longer getaways all require careful packing. These useful travel-sized toiletry sets mean you can take away your favourites, or sample some new lotions and potions, while keeping within hand-luggage regulations. From Nivea’s good-value Travel Essentials Kit to Molton Brown’s luxurious carry-on pack, there’s something for every budget.
Click on the gallery to see the IndyBest buys
Verdict: If you’re buying for yourself, the Nivea kit is a comprehensive and good-value option. L’Occitaine’s Petits Pleasures Collection, with the pretty red bag, makes a lovely gift (or indulgent treat). Skin-conscious teens will love Liz Earle’s Try-Me-Kit and it means they can sample the products before making a bigger investment. Finally, the Ragdale Hall set is ideal for making that stark hotel bathroom feel more like a spa.
The moment a Queen's Guard soldier lost it and drew his gun at annoying tourist
Greece crisis: The wider lesson is that it’s time to abandon this failed experiment in currencies
'I wish the BBC would stop calling it Islamic State' – David Cameron unleashes frustration at broadcaster
Pentagon accuses Russia of 'playing with fire' over nuclear threats towards Nato
They are neither a 'state' nor 'Islamic': Why we shouldn't call them Isis, Isil or IS
Tunisia beach attack: How can British Muslims respond to the latest outrages?
- 1 Kim Jong-un shows off airport designed by architect he likely had executed
- 2 Tunisia hotel attack: Locals form 'human shield' to protect hotel from gunman Seifeddine Rezgui
- 3 German ethics council calls for incest between siblings to be legalised by Government
- 4 Fifty Shades of Grey author E.L James's Twitter Q&A didn't go exactly as planned
- 5 Facebook rainbow profile pictures likely being tracked by social network