Deep clean: 10 best travel toiletries
Whether you’re planning a spring weekend break or a long-haul getaway, make sure you have space-saving smellies in your luggage – they make lovely gifts, too
Monday 24 February 2014
Weekend breaks, week-long hols or longer getaways all require careful packing. These useful travel-sized toiletry sets mean you can take away your favourites, or sample some new lotions and potions, while keeping within hand-luggage regulations. From Nivea’s good-value Travel Essentials Kit to Molton Brown’s luxurious carry-on pack, there’s something for every budget.
Click on the gallery to see the IndyBest buys
Verdict: If you’re buying for yourself, the Nivea kit is a comprehensive and good-value option. L’Occitaine’s Petits Pleasures Collection, with the pretty red bag, makes a lovely gift (or indulgent treat). Skin-conscious teens will love Liz Earle’s Try-Me-Kit and it means they can sample the products before making a bigger investment. Finally, the Ragdale Hall set is ideal for making that stark hotel bathroom feel more like a spa.
Daniele Watts: Django Unchained actress detained by Los Angeles police after being mistaken for a prostitute
The political class is doing what Hitler couldn’t – destroying Britain
Scottish independence: Nationalist leader Jim Sillars threatens pro-union companies with 'day of reckoning' after independence
Scottish independence: Yes campaign feels the heat as Alex Salmond's NHS claims come under furious attack
Portuguese academic says British are 'filthy, violent and drunk'
£23m Birmingham cycle scheme is attacked by Tory councillor for not catering to the elderly
- 1 Thailand deaths: Pair's bloodied bodies found naked on Koh Tao beach
- 2 Scottish independence: Ireland since 1919 is a lesson for Scotland in what a Yes vote means
- 3 Daniele Watts: Django Unchained actress detained by Los Angeles police after being mistaken for a prostitute
- 4 John Travolta addresses former pilot's gay romance allegations publicly for the first time
- 5 Kanye West stops concert after two fans don't stand up - doesn't realise one is in wheelchair and the other disabled