Mother's Day 2014: 10 best gifts
With Mothering Sunday in less than two weeks, it's time to start thinking about that special present
Monday 17 March 2014
Looking for inspiration for a thoughtful Mother’s Day gift or treat? We have scoured this year’s offerings so that you don’t have to.
From the award-winning afternoon tea at The Goring Hotel, to Snapdragon's sweet embroidered handbag mirror, there’s something for all mums and budgets.
Click on the gallery to see the IndyBest buys
Betty’s Mother’s Day Cake not only looks great, but it’s delicious and reasonably priced too. For mums who prefer to do their own baking, OXO Good Grips Cookie Press is fun new tool. For a good value, versatile pressie, the Letteroom's birch bark vase or candle holder is a gift she'll keep for years.
For more Mother's Day gifts, have a look at our IndyBest Mother's Day gifts for under £10 here.
Rochester by-election: Ukip gains second MP as Tory defector Mark Reckless holds seat
'Beast of Bolsover' Dennis Skinner takes Ukip MP Mark Reckless to task moments after he is sworn in
Rochester by-election: Labour MP Emily Thornberry resigns after posting white van and England flags tweet
France 'blocks' Russian sailors from boarding a warship
The young are the new poor: Sharp increase in number of under-25s living in poverty, while over-65s are better off than ever
Revealed: How the world gets rich – from privatising British public services
- 1 Universities aren't working us hard enough, say undergraduates
- 2 Lego letter from the 1970s still offers a powerful message to parents 40 years later
- 3 To help fuel their propaganda machine against the poor, our government has now decided to redefine the word 'welfare'
- 4 Woman opens professional cuddling shop – gets 10,000 customers in first week
- 5 Grayson Perry: London needs affordable housing because 'rich people don't create culture'