Splash proof: 10 best umbrellas
Want to make a splash on the street as the heavens continue to open? With our selection of brollies, you’ll be right as rain
Tuesday 18 February 2014
This winter has been one of the wettest since records began - no wonder umbrella sales are soaring. But whether you want a traditional walking umbrella or a collapsible compact one to slip in your bag, how can you avoid ending up with one that blows inside out at first use?
From Hunter’s see-through Bubble to the quirky Cern design from the Science Museum, we’ve identified the best out there that will keep you dry in the next deluge.
Click on the gallery to see the IndyBest buys
Verdict: For something both stylish and durable, the Joules Walker Brolly is a great bet, while Totes Automatic Classic Wood Crook Umbrella is a brilliant all-rounder. For a compact umbrella with hidden depths, the Fulton Open & Close Jumbo is hard to beat.
Yvette Cooper: Our choice is years of Tory rule under Jeremy Corbyn – or a return to a Labour government
Labour leadership contender Jeremy Corbyn says 'we can learn a great deal from Karl Marx'
Public anger after French sunbather beaten up by gang for wearing a bikini in Reims park
Labour leadership: New poll shows party is now even 'less electable' than under Ed Miliband
While we fixate on Calais, the Government is quietly deporting dozens of migrants on 'ghost flights'
Calais crisis: For desperate migrants it is 'England or death' as they brave dogs, riot police and speeding trains
- 1 Top Gear team of Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond and James May officially heading to Amazon Prime for new car show
- 2 Stuart Baggs: Apprentice star 'The Brand' found dead aged 27
- 3 How to cancel Amazon Prime: after Top Gear hiring, how to leave premium service
- 4 Tesco scraps 'unexpected item in the bagging area' as self-checkouts switch to less 'frustrating' audio
- 5 Living in Spain and commuting to London 'cheaper than actually working in London'