Splash proof: 10 best umbrellas
Want to make a splash on the street as the heavens continue to open? With our selection of brollies, you’ll be right as rain
Tuesday 18 February 2014
This winter has been one of the wettest since records began - no wonder umbrella sales are soaring. But whether you want a traditional walking umbrella or a collapsible compact one to slip in your bag, how can you avoid ending up with one that blows inside out at first use?
From Hunter’s see-through Bubble to the quirky Cern design from the Science Museum, we’ve identified the best out there that will keep you dry in the next deluge.
Click on the gallery to see the IndyBest buys
Verdict: For something both stylish and durable, the Joules Walker Brolly is a great bet, while Totes Automatic Classic Wood Crook Umbrella is a brilliant all-rounder. For a compact umbrella with hidden depths, the Fulton Open & Close Jumbo is hard to beat.
Thousands of teenage girls enduring debilitating illnesses after routine school cancer vaccination
Migrants in Kos: Photos show real tragedy after Brits abroad complain of 'awkward' holidays
British tourists complain that impoverished boat migrants are making holidays 'awkward' in Kos
Michael Gove determined to scrap the Human Rights Act – even if Scotland retains it
Threat to scrap Human Rights Act could see UK follow Nazi example, warns UN official
Church of England 'one generation away from extinction' after dramatic loss of followers
- 1 Amber Peat: Body found in search for missing 13-year-old who ran away after argument with her parents
- 2 California man brutally beat 82-year-old Sikh grandfather he mistook for 'one of those people'
- 3 Gay teenager 'forced to have sex with his own mother' to 'cure' his homosexuality, campaigners in India say
- 4 Charles Kennedy 'had better judgement drunk than many sober politicians' says Ian Hislop
- 5 Fifa corruption: Qatar says investigations are racist, anti-Arab and show 'ugly face' of countries who lost 2022 World Cup bid