Splash proof: 10 best umbrellas
Want to make a splash on the street as the heavens continue to open? With our selection of brollies, you’ll be right as rain
Tuesday 18 February 2014
This winter has been one of the wettest since records began - no wonder umbrella sales are soaring. But whether you want a traditional walking umbrella or a collapsible compact one to slip in your bag, how can you avoid ending up with one that blows inside out at first use?
From Hunter’s see-through Bubble to the quirky Cern design from the Science Museum, we’ve identified the best out there that will keep you dry in the next deluge.
Click on the gallery to see the IndyBest buys
Verdict: For something both stylish and durable, the Joules Walker Brolly is a great bet, while Totes Automatic Classic Wood Crook Umbrella is a brilliant all-rounder. For a compact umbrella with hidden depths, the Fulton Open & Close Jumbo is hard to beat.
The moment a Queen's Guard soldier lost it and drew his gun at annoying tourist
Greece crisis: The wider lesson is that it’s time to abandon this failed experiment in currencies
'I wish the BBC would stop calling it Islamic State' – David Cameron unleashes frustration at broadcaster
David Cameron struck double blow in his hopes to win Britain a new EU deal
Extend Right To Buy to tenants of private landlords, Labour's Jeremy Corbyn says
Pentagon accuses Russia of 'playing with fire' over nuclear threats towards Nato
- 1 Kim Jong-un shows off airport designed by architect he likely had executed
- 2 Tunisia hotel attack: Locals form 'human shield' to protect hotel from gunman Seifeddine Rezgui
- 3 Why it matters 26 million people have changed their Facebook profile picture to a rainbow flag
- 4 German ethics council calls for incest between siblings to be legalised by Government
- 5 Fifty Shades of Grey author E.L James's Twitter Q&A didn't go exactly as planned