Splash proof: 10 best umbrellas
Want to make a splash on the street as the heavens continue to open? With our selection of brollies, you’ll be right as rain
Tuesday 18 February 2014
This winter has been one of the wettest since records began - no wonder umbrella sales are soaring. But whether you want a traditional walking umbrella or a collapsible compact one to slip in your bag, how can you avoid ending up with one that blows inside out at first use?
From Hunter’s see-through Bubble to the quirky Cern design from the Science Museum, we’ve identified the best out there that will keep you dry in the next deluge.
Click on the gallery to see the IndyBest buys
Verdict: For something both stylish and durable, the Joules Walker Brolly is a great bet, while Totes Automatic Classic Wood Crook Umbrella is a brilliant all-rounder. For a compact umbrella with hidden depths, the Fulton Open & Close Jumbo is hard to beat.
New theory could prove how life began and disprove God
This is what it's like to be dead, according to a guy who died for a bit
'Cash for access' scandal: Sir Malcolm Rifkind says 'unrealistic' for MPs to live on £67,000 salary
'Jihadi John': CAGE representative storms off Sky News accusing Kay Burley of Islamophobia
Ukip would cut billions from Scottish budget to fund English tax cuts
Russia's roadmap for annexing eastern Ukraine 'leaked from Vladimir Putin's office'
- 1 The black and blue dress: Makers considering a white and gold version
- 2 Man to be beheaded in Saudi Arabia after ripping up a Koran and hitting it with his shoe
- 3 Husband and wife die holding hands within hours of each other after 67 years of marriage
- 4 PornHub turns masturbation into energy in bid to save the planet
- 5 The remarkable archaeological underwater discovery that could open up a new chapter in the study of European and British prehistory