The 10 best men's fashion gifts for Christmas
Stuck for gift ideas for him? Fear not, we have a top notch selection of men clothing and accessories to keep him looking sharp
Alexander Fury is a fashion journalist, author and critic. He is fashion editor of the Independent, i and the Independent on Sunday newspapers and was awarded the inaugural Editorial Intelligence Award for Fashion Commentator of the Year 2014-15. He was named one of InStyle magazine's 20 most powerful people in fashion in 2015.
Thursday 28 November 2013
1. Leather bag
A sleek, structured man-bag with intricate woven leather detailing.
2. Lanvin silk bow tie
Christmas is an excuse to wear a daft bow tie. But it doesn’t mean it should be indulged. Stay stylish.
3. Red stag jumper
The obligatory Christmas jumper, mercifully free of scratchy Lurex.
4. Johnstons of Elgin navy university stripe scarf
A Brideshead-ready classic that looks good on every man.
5. Animal boxer shorts
These boxers are lighthearted but not dim-witted. Reindeer also available.
6. Striped socks by Paul Smith
The classic go-to gift for dads given a fresh update.
7. Saint Laurent Signature Lace-Up Boot
From the “Permanent” collection, these boots are a timeless investment.
8. Fair Isle mittens
Let’s be honest, come 25 December, you’ll be needing to wrap up warm.
9. Burberry Brit Rhythm
A sexy, provocative eau de toilette, dressed up in a checked “leather jacket” bottle.
10. Kenzo X New Era cloud-print twill cap
This cap, from Parisian house Kenzo, is streetwise but still fashion-forward.
Yvette Cooper: Our choice is years of Tory rule under Jeremy Corbyn – or a return to a Labour government
Is Britain really full up? Are migrants taking our jobs? Leading academic answers the most common anti-immigration claims
Calais Migrant Crisis: Deputy Mayor of Calais labels Cameron's use of 'swarm' as 'racist' and 'ignorant'
Labour leadership: New poll shows party is now even 'less electable' than under Ed Miliband
While we fixate on Calais, the Home Office is quietly deporting dozens of migrants on 'ghost flights'
Calais crisis: The seven claims made about the migrants - and the reality
- 1 The difference between a psychopath and a sociopath
- 2 It won’t work, Jeremy: The Health Secretary has lost the confidence of the medical profession in his attempt to reform the NHS
- 3 Kim Jong-un awarded global statesmanship prize by Indonesia
- 4 Dutch King Willem-Alexander declares the end of the welfare state
- 5 Robert Mugabe eats a zoo for 'obscene' 91st birthday party