The 10 best pedicure products
Bags packed and all prepped for holidays, but feet in a state? Get them flip-flop-ready with our pick of the items for a DIY treatment
Wednesday 23 July 2014
Feet don’t get particularly good press and are often accordingly ignored when it comes to looking after ourselves. But while you can get away with jagged nails and cracked heels in winter when your tootsies are safely tucked up in boots and thick socks, there’s no place to hide in your summer sandals.
From the basics like a decent nail file and refreshing foot cream to the must-haves for a salon-worthy pedicure, we’ve put foot-care ranges to the test to find the best for doing it yourself at home. Girls – and boys – it’s time to give your feet some much needed R&R. After all, they do a very tiring job.
Click on the gallery to see the IndyBest buys
If you’ve been staunchly ignoring your feet since the year 2000, then Leighton Denny’s Totally Groomed Kit and Champneys’ Cracked Heel Balm are good foundational products to start with. But if you’re a fairly-regular toenail painter wanting to get a more professional finish at home, Seche Vite’s Dry Fast Top Coat is the best tenner you’ll ever spend.
Rochester by-election: Ukip gains second MP as Tory defector Mark Reckless holds seat
Ukip says babies born to immigrants in the UK should be classed as migrants – which would include Nigel Farage’s own children
'Beast of Bolsover' Dennis Skinner takes Ukip MP Mark Reckless to task moments after he is sworn in
The young are the new poor: Sharp increase in number of under-25s living in poverty, while over-65s are better off than ever
Tamir Rice: 12-year-old boy playing with fake gun dies after being shot by Ohio police
Exclusive: UK approved £7m Israeli arms sales in six months before Gaza conflict
- 1 I'm A Celebrity 2014: Jungle security stepped up after murder and 'suspicious death' near to camp
- 2 To help fuel their propaganda machine against the poor, our government has now decided to redefine the word 'welfare'
- 3 Jeremy Hunt: 'I took my children to A&E because I didn't want to wait for GP appointment'
- 4 Girl, 7, gets Tesco to remove 'stupid' sign suggesting superheroes are 'for boys'
- 5 This letter from a reader explains why women can’t play football