The 10 best pedicure products
Bags packed and all prepped for holidays, but feet in a state? Get them flip-flop-ready with our pick of the items for a DIY treatment
Wednesday 23 July 2014
Feet don’t get particularly good press and are often accordingly ignored when it comes to looking after ourselves. But while you can get away with jagged nails and cracked heels in winter when your tootsies are safely tucked up in boots and thick socks, there’s no place to hide in your summer sandals.
From the basics like a decent nail file and refreshing foot cream to the must-haves for a salon-worthy pedicure, we’ve put foot-care ranges to the test to find the best for doing it yourself at home. Girls – and boys – it’s time to give your feet some much needed R&R. After all, they do a very tiring job.
Click on the gallery to see the IndyBest buys
If you’ve been staunchly ignoring your feet since the year 2000, then Leighton Denny’s Totally Groomed Kit and Champneys’ Cracked Heel Balm are good foundational products to start with. But if you’re a fairly-regular toenail painter wanting to get a more professional finish at home, Seche Vite’s Dry Fast Top Coat is the best tenner you’ll ever spend.
Daniele Watts: Django Unchained actress detained by Los Angeles police after being mistaken for a prostitute
The political class is doing what Hitler couldn’t – destroying Britain
Scottish independence: Nationalist leader Jim Sillars threatens pro-union companies with 'day of reckoning' after independence
Scottish independence: Yes campaign feels the heat as Alex Salmond's NHS claims come under furious attack
Portuguese academic says British are 'filthy, violent and drunk'
£23m Birmingham cycle scheme is attacked by Tory councillor for not catering to the elderly
- 1 Thailand deaths: Pair's bloodied bodies found naked on Koh Tao beach
- 2 Scottish independence: Ireland since 1919 is a lesson for Scotland in what a Yes vote means
- 3 Daniele Watts: Django Unchained actress detained by Los Angeles police after being mistaken for a prostitute
- 4 John Travolta addresses former pilot's gay romance allegations publicly for the first time
- 5 Kanye West stops concert after two fans don't stand up - doesn't realise one is in wheelchair and the other disabled