10 best barbecue food
Come rain or shine, make the most of the Bank Holiday next weekend and plan a grilled feast for a crowd
Sunday 17 August 2014
Okay, so we know the weather hasn’t been exactly tropical recently, but next Monday is a bank holiday. If a day off work isn’t a good excuse for a barbie, what is? If you’re short on time, there are some plenty of flavoursome meat and vegetarian treats still on the shelves. We’ve grilled and sizzled our way through a range to bring you the tastiest products – from M&S’s halloumi kebabs to Booth’s rib eye steak, we think there will be something that will get your tastebuds going.
Click on the gallery to see the IndyBest buys
If you are looking for something beyond the usual France-New Zealand-South Africa sparkling wine nexus, Selfridge’s Selection Sparkling English Brut, made by English producers Gusbourne, is a must-try. If your tastes are a little more trad, and you champagne is your only tipple, it is certainly worth giving the delicate Canard-Duchêne Authentic Reserve Brut NV Champagne a run for its money. Get quaffing.
Daniele Watts: Django Unchained actress detained by Los Angeles police after being mistaken for a prostitute
George Galloway on Scottish independence: The political class is doing what Hitler couldn’t – destroying Britain
Scottish independence: Nationalist leader Jim Sillars threatens pro-union companies with 'day of reckoning' after independence
Scottish independence: Yes campaign feels the heat as Alex Salmond's NHS claims come under furious attack
Scottish independence: Britain faces 'constitutional crisis' at next election
£23m Birmingham cycle scheme is attacked by Tory councillor for not catering to the elderly
- 1 Lego breaks out of the toy box and heads for the gallery
- 2 A bottle of wine a day is not bad for you and abstaining is worse than drinking, scientist claims
- 3 Piers Morgan attempts to save the Union by promising to go back to the US if Scotland votes 'No' to independence
- 4 Tyler, The Creator says having new U2 album automatically downloaded on his iPhone was 'like waking up with herpes'
- 5 Grandmas keep accidentally tagging themselves as Grandmaster Flash on Facebook