Burns Night: 10 best Scotch whiskies
We round-up the finest golden nectar on the shelves
If you’re having a Burns Night celebration (or just toasting Rabbie in your living room) make sure you do it in style. We’ve sampled Scotch whiskies, distilled with passion across the county.
From the Royals’ (surprisingly affordable) dram of choice Johnnie Walker Black Label 12-Year-Old to the rather special Highland Park 25-Year-Old, there’s a tipple for every budget on our list.
Click on the gallery to see the IndyBest buys
Dry and Peaty Glen Grant 10-Year-Old is as good as you’ll get for under £30. For a bottle that will look as good on your haggis, neeps and tatties-laden table as it tastes, we like the Balblair 2003.
'We would evict Queen from Buckingham Palace and allocate her council house,' say Greens
French court convicts three over homophobic tweets, in case hailed as a 'significant victory' by LGBT rights campaigners
Greece elections: Syriza and EU on collision course after election win for left-wing party
British Muslim school children suffering a backlash of abuse following Paris attacks
Islamic history is full of free thinkers - but recent attempts to suppress critical thought are verging on the absurd
Leaked documents show Ukip leaders approve NHS privatisation once it becomes more 'acceptable to the electorate'
- 1 The BBC has just done more to eradicate ‘terrorism’ than all our wars since 9/11
- 2 Dog thinks owner is drowning in lake, dives in and tries to pull him out
- 3 Saudi preacher who 'raped and tortured' his five -year-old daughter to death is released after paying 'blood money'
- 4 Chilling drone footage captures Auschwitz ahead of 70th anniversary of liberation
- 5 Phil Neville backtracks on Tomas Rosicky 'I'd smash him' comments from Match of the Day 2