Outdoor spread: 10 best summer party snacks
Catering for a crowd? We samples a range of moreish savoury and sweet bites to find the tastiest party pleasers
From juicy stuffed peppers to mojito-laced chicken cigarellos and sweet shortcake bites, there’s no need to break the bank throwing a party to remember this summer. Preparation is easy, leaving more time to enjoy the (hopefully) sunshine yourself. Any leftovers will make the perfect next-day picnic, too.
Click on the gallery to see the IndyBest buys
When cocktails and food come together, you know you’re onto a winner. For this reason, Waitrose’s mojito chicken ‘cigarellos’ are the pick of the bunch and sure to impress party guests. For any veggie friends the Real Olive Co’s juicy organic olives are hard to beat, while those with a sweet tooth will find Sainsbury’s caramel shortcake bites hard to resist.
As a white man, I'm surprised more women aren't tweeting the hashtag #KillAllWhiteMen
Scotland may have to leave the EU even if it votes to stay in, David Cameron confirms
Report finds that Britain's wages are the most unequal in Europe
The day that Britain resigned as a global power
Almost a third of school pupils believe 'Muslims are taking over our country', study claims
SNP fury as HS2 finds 'no business case' for taking fast train service to Scotland
- 1 Woman accidentally shoots herself in the head while posing for a selfie
- 2 Isis burns woman alive for refusing to engage in 'extreme' sex act, UN says
- 3 Puerto Rico, island of lost dreams: People are leaving the debt-hit territory in droves as near neighbour Cuba's star rises
- 4 Female Muay Thai champion hustles coaches to give them a beating
- 5 16-year-old girl beaten and burned alive by lynch mob in Rio Bravo, Guatemala