Outdoor spread: 10 best summer party snacks
Catering for a crowd? We samples a range of moreish savoury and sweet bites to find the tastiest party pleasers
From juicy stuffed peppers to mojito-laced chicken cigarellos and sweet shortcake bites, there’s no need to break the bank throwing a party to remember this summer. Preparation is easy, leaving more time to enjoy the (hopefully) sunshine yourself. Any leftovers will make the perfect next-day picnic, too.
Click on the gallery to see the IndyBest buys
When cocktails and food come together, you know you’re onto a winner. For this reason, Waitrose’s mojito chicken ‘cigarellos’ are the pick of the bunch and sure to impress party guests. For any veggie friends the Real Olive Co’s juicy organic olives are hard to beat, while those with a sweet tooth will find Sainsbury’s caramel shortcake bites hard to resist.
If I’m being racially abused I don’t need a stranger with a saviour complex to rescue me
The only black face in the Ukip manifesto is on the page about overseas aid
Ukip is the only main political party to not address LGBT rights in its manifesto
Food banks: One million Britons will soon be using them, according to Trussell Trust
Religion isn't growing, it is becoming vigorous in its demise, says philosopher AC Grayling
BBC election debate: The one photo that summed up the whole 90-minute leaders debate
- 1 Rarest Beanie Baby bought for just £10 at car boot sale could be sold for £62,500 on eBay
- 2 Katie Hopkins and The Sun editor David Dinsmore reported to police for incitement to racial hatred following migrant boat column
- 3 Giorgio Armani criticises the way some gay men dress saying 'a man has to be a man'
- 4 Rebecca Francis accuses Ricky Gervais of using 'influence' to target female hunters after receiving barrage of death threats
- 5 Australian student Tommy Connolly, 23, adopts his pregnant, homeless 17-year-old cousin to give her a chance at 'a better life'