Outdoor spread: 10 best summer party snacks
Catering for a crowd? We samples a range of moreish savoury and sweet bites to find the tastiest party pleasers
From juicy stuffed peppers to mojito-laced chicken cigarellos and sweet shortcake bites, there’s no need to break the bank throwing a party to remember this summer. Preparation is easy, leaving more time to enjoy the (hopefully) sunshine yourself. Any leftovers will make the perfect next-day picnic, too.
Click on the gallery to see the IndyBest buys
When cocktails and food come together, you know you’re onto a winner. For this reason, Waitrose’s mojito chicken ‘cigarellos’ are the pick of the bunch and sure to impress party guests. For any veggie friends the Real Olive Co’s juicy organic olives are hard to beat, while those with a sweet tooth will find Sainsbury’s caramel shortcake bites hard to resist.
Dresden riots: Protesters in Germany attack refugee buses shouting 'foreigners out'
France train shooting: US soldiers speak of the moment they stopped gunman and 'beat him until he was unconscious'
Labour leadership: Jeremy Corbyn accused of 'deluding' young supporters with 'claptrap'
'Women only' train carriages: Jeremy Corbyn unveils radical move to tackle public harassment
Black holes are a passage to another universe, says Stephen Hawking
Iain Duncan Smith calls for urgent ESA overhaul as part of drive to cut down welfare costs
- 1 Video of Irish 'professional boxer' fighting Istanbul neighbourhood goes viral in Turkey
- 2 Novel Scarlett Johansson tried to ban, Grégoire Delacourt’s The First Thing You See, to be published in UK
- 3 Toby Sheldon: Justin Bieber lookalike found dead in motel room
- 4 Russia 'accidentally reveals' number of its soldiers killed in eastern Ukraine
- 5 Pregnant teenager Neysi Perez 'wakes up in coffin' a day after her funeral