4th of July: 10 best American foods
It’s Independence Day across the pond. We’ve tried a range of sauces, sweet treats and snacks to bring you the best US-inspired goodies available in the UK
As Americans fire up the grill for 4 of July celebrations, we’ve got in on the action and found some of the tastiest US-made and inspired condiments, spreads, snacks and sweet treats you can buy over here.
From the famous Bone Suckin’ Sauce for your meat to Oreo Ice Cream Sandwiches to round off your meal, we hope you find something that takes your fancy.
Click on the gallery below to see the IndyBest buys
If you want to give your BBQ the stars and stripes treatment, opt for Frank’s Red Hot Original sauce to slather on chicken wings. Anyone after something (super) sweet should pick up a jar of Marshmallow Fluff.
1. Oreo Ice Cream Sandwich, £2, waitrose.com
2. Bone Suckin’ Sauce, £4.99, lakeland.co.uk
3. Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups, £1.29 americansoda.co.uk
4. Tabasco Chipotle and Cola Sauce, £2.30, sainsburys.co.uk
5. Hershey’s Milk Chocolate Bar, 70p, tesco.com
6. French’s Classic Yellow Mustard, £1.79, ocado.com
7. Udi’s Cinnamon & Sugar Bagel Chips, tesco.com
8. Strawberry Marshmallow Fluff, £3, amazon.co.uk
9. Frank’s Red Hot Original, £1.50, sainsburys.com
10. Clarks Original Maple Syrup, £1.98, ocado.com
Scottish independence referendum: A nation divided against itself
Scottish referendum results: Cross-party consensus collapses amid Tory-Labour spat on the 'English question'
Scottish independence: David Cameron is becoming the 'George Bush of Britain'
Russia freezes Ukraine into submission: Kiev admits country doesn't have enough fuel for winter
Archbishop of Canterbury admits doubts about existence of God
Portuguese academic says British are 'filthy, violent and drunk'
- 1 Scottish referendum: So how about the English now being given a chance to split from England?
- 4 Matthew Miller: American sentenced to hard labour in North Korea 'wanted to be Snowden II'
- 5 Iranian blogger found guilty of insulting Prophet Mohammad on Facebook sentenced to death