4th of July: 10 best American foods
It’s Independence Day across the pond. We’ve tried a range of sauces, sweet treats and snacks to bring you the best US-inspired goodies available in the UK
As Americans fire up the grill for 4 of July celebrations, we’ve got in on the action and found some of the tastiest US-made and inspired condiments, spreads, snacks and sweet treats you can buy over here.
From the famous Bone Suckin’ Sauce for your meat to Oreo Ice Cream Sandwiches to round off your meal, we hope you find something that takes your fancy.
Click on the gallery below to see the IndyBest buys
If you want to give your BBQ the stars and stripes treatment, opt for Frank’s Red Hot Original sauce to slather on chicken wings. Anyone after something (super) sweet should pick up a jar of Marshmallow Fluff.
1. Oreo Ice Cream Sandwich, £2, waitrose.com
2. Bone Suckin’ Sauce, £4.99, lakeland.co.uk
3. Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups, £1.29 americansoda.co.uk
4. Tabasco Chipotle and Cola Sauce, £2.30, sainsburys.co.uk
5. Hershey’s Milk Chocolate Bar, 70p, tesco.com
6. French’s Classic Yellow Mustard, £1.79, ocado.com
7. Udi’s Cinnamon & Sugar Bagel Chips, tesco.com
8. Strawberry Marshmallow Fluff, £3, amazon.co.uk
9. Frank’s Red Hot Original, £1.50, sainsburys.com
10. Clarks Original Maple Syrup, £1.98, ocado.com
Rochester by-election: Ukip gains second MP as Tory defector Mark Reckless holds seat
'Beast of Bolsover' Dennis Skinner takes Ukip MP Mark Reckless to task moments after he is sworn in
Rochester by-election: Labour MP Emily Thornberry resigns after posting white van and England flags tweet
France 'blocks' Russian sailors from boarding a warship
The young are the new poor: Sharp increase in number of under-25s living in poverty, while over-65s are better off than ever
Green Party Caroline Lucas interview: 'We could be on the edge of something very big'
- 1 Lego letter from the 1970s still offers a powerful message to parents 40 years later
- 2 To help fuel their propaganda machine against the poor, our government has now decided to redefine the word 'welfare'
- 3 Naked free runner captured in breathtaking photographs above London's streets
- 4 Woman opens professional cuddling shop – gets 10,000 customers in first week
- 5 Grayson Perry: London needs affordable housing because 'rich people don't create culture'