4th of July: 10 best American foods
It’s Independence Day across the pond. We’ve tried a range of sauces, sweet treats and snacks to bring you the best US-inspired goodies available in the UK
As Americans fire up the grill for 4 of July celebrations, we’ve got in on the action and found some of the tastiest US-made and inspired condiments, spreads, snacks and sweet treats you can buy over here.
From the famous Bone Suckin’ Sauce for your meat to Oreo Ice Cream Sandwiches to round off your meal, we hope you find something that takes your fancy.
Click on the gallery below to see the IndyBest buys
If you want to give your BBQ the stars and stripes treatment, opt for Frank’s Red Hot Original sauce to slather on chicken wings. Anyone after something (super) sweet should pick up a jar of Marshmallow Fluff.
1. Oreo Ice Cream Sandwich, £2, waitrose.com
2. Bone Suckin’ Sauce, £4.99, lakeland.co.uk
3. Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups, £1.29 americansoda.co.uk
4. Tabasco Chipotle and Cola Sauce, £2.30, sainsburys.co.uk
5. Hershey’s Milk Chocolate Bar, 70p, tesco.com
6. French’s Classic Yellow Mustard, £1.79, ocado.com
7. Udi’s Cinnamon & Sugar Bagel Chips, tesco.com
8. Strawberry Marshmallow Fluff, £3, amazon.co.uk
9. Frank’s Red Hot Original, £1.50, sainsburys.com
10. Clarks Original Maple Syrup, £1.98, ocado.com
Ukip supporters are 55 or older, white and socially conservative, finds British Social Attitudes Report
JK Rowling responds to fan tweeting she 'can't see' Dumbledore being gay
Jeremy Clarkson sacked live: Alan Yentob 'wouldn't rule out' ex Top Gear host's BBC return
David Cameron calls Labour 'hopeless, sneering socialists' while announcing 7-day NHS plans
Revealed: Putin's army of pro-Kremlin bloggers
The West has it totally wrong on Lee Kuan Yew
- 1 East 17 bandmember Brian Harvey in 'very desperate situation’
- 2 Is this bridge haunted by the ghost of nu rave?
- 3 Woman filmed launching racist tirade against men on the Tube for speaking in 'own lingo'
- 4 The West has it totally wrong on Lee Kuan Yew
- 5 Scientists have discovered a simple way to cook rice that dramatically cuts the calories