4th of July: 10 best American foods
It’s Independence Day across the pond. We’ve tried a range of sauces, sweet treats and snacks to bring you the best US-inspired goodies available in the UK
As Americans fire up the grill for 4 of July celebrations, we’ve got in on the action and found some of the tastiest US-made and inspired condiments, spreads, snacks and sweet treats you can buy over here.
From the famous Bone Suckin’ Sauce for your meat to Oreo Ice Cream Sandwiches to round off your meal, we hope you find something that takes your fancy.
Click on the gallery below to see the IndyBest buys
If you want to give your BBQ the stars and stripes treatment, opt for Frank’s Red Hot Original sauce to slather on chicken wings. Anyone after something (super) sweet should pick up a jar of Marshmallow Fluff.
1. Oreo Ice Cream Sandwich, £2, waitrose.com
2. Bone Suckin’ Sauce, £4.99, lakeland.co.uk
3. Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups, £1.29 americansoda.co.uk
4. Tabasco Chipotle and Cola Sauce, £2.30, sainsburys.co.uk
5. Hershey’s Milk Chocolate Bar, 70p, tesco.com
6. French’s Classic Yellow Mustard, £1.79, ocado.com
7. Udi’s Cinnamon & Sugar Bagel Chips, tesco.com
8. Strawberry Marshmallow Fluff, £3, amazon.co.uk
9. Frank’s Red Hot Original, £1.50, sainsburys.com
10. Clarks Original Maple Syrup, £1.98, ocado.com
'We would evict Queen from Buckingham Palace and allocate her council house,' say Greens
9 reasons Greece's experiment with the radical left is doomed to failure
Greece elections: Syriza and EU on collision course after election win for left-wing party
British Muslim school children suffering a backlash of abuse following Paris attacks
British grandmother Lindsay Sandiford faces execution by firing squad in Indonesia
Liberal Democrat minister defends comments suggesting immigration causes pub closures
- 1 Saudi preacher who 'raped and tortured' his five -year-old daughter to death is released after paying 'blood money'
- 2 Michelle Obama highlights harsh restrictions faced by Saudi women after meeting King Salman without wearing a headscarf
- 3 Amal Clooney gives excellent response to fashion question at European Court of Human Rights
- 4 A bottle of wine a day is not bad for you and abstaining is worse than drinking, scientist claims
- 5 Isis publicly behead man in Syrian town square for 'insulting Allah' as he screams for help