Whether you're cooking or eating, giving or receiving, Christmas is all about food. These are the foodie gifts sure to please any palate and satiate any craving.
1. Sacred Negroni Pack: £64.99, selfridges.com
Make the ultimate version of this voguish gin cocktail with this set containing bottles of Gin, English Vermouth and the botanically-flavoured “Rosehip Cup”.
2. A Year in 120 Recipes by Jack Monroe: £13.99, amazon.co.uk
As inspiring as it is accessible, the budget food writer’s latest tome provides a brilliant seasonally-minded guide to inexpensive cooking.
3. Cuisine Couture Apron: £28, anthropologie.eu
A touch of the catwalk comes to the kitchen in this apron with colour blocking and fashionable pleats. The only problem? You might not want to actually get food on it.
4. Melrose and Morgan Favourites Hamper: £50, online.melroseandmorgan.com
M and M are Alan Bennett’s favourite grocers, no less, and this box of some of their scrummiest produce, from Sour Cherry Granola to Dark Chocolate Florentines, shows why.
5. Chadwick Oven: £385, chadwickoven.com
The lucky recipient of this amazing pizza oven will never need Dominos again, given it can make joyfully crispy, Italian-style pizzas in under 4 minutes.
6. French Cheese Hamper: £45, lafromagerie.co.uk
Forget chocolate bars: this is the ultimate Christmas selection-box, from the cheese-connoisseur’s shop of choice.
7. Nest Mixing Bowl Set: £30, josephjoseph.com
Baking has never been hotter, and, well, baking accessories don’t get hotter than this: a new version of Joseph Joseph’s iconic, space-saving nest bowls, featuring three mixing bowls and a clip-on egg separator.
8. Marimekko Kukkuluuruu Chopping Board: £36, heals.co.uk
Is Cooking therapeutic? Certainly, it should be for anyone using this pretty, birdy board from the renowned Finnish design company.
9. Mother’s Ruin Etched Decanter: £69.95, rockettstgeorge.co.uk
Tis the season for dissolution, and how better to mark it than with this cheeky receptacle?
10. Ivan Ramen Ramen Making Kit: £39.50, souschef.co.uk
Followers of culinary fashion can try dishing up the fast food du jour at home with this set featuring a cookbook from legendary ramen joint Ivan Ramen and assorted ingredients.
11. The Family Christmas Hamper: £200, fortnumandmason.com
A pop-up Christmas feast from Britain’s oldest department store, containing everything from champagne to brandy butter, via a very lovely Christmas pudding.
12. Nutri Bullet: £99.95, selfridges.com
This juicer has a 600-watt motor that makes short work of fruit and veg.
13. Best Ever Dishes by Tom Kerridge: £11, amazon.co.uk
More than 100 flavours from TV chef and owner of two-Michelin-starred Gastropub, The Hand and Flowers.
14. Historic Heston by Heston Blumenthal: £36, bloomsbury.com
Britain’s most innovative chef looks back into history for the inspiration for this cookbook.
15. The Savoy Cocktail Book: £14.99, amazon.co.uk
The best cocktail recipes from one of the most famous hotel bars in the world.
More food: 13 best chocolate advent calendars
10 best stocking fillers for foodies
10 best Christmas baking
16. Japanese Cocktail Set: £160, alexanderandjames.com
A beautiful cocktail set for the discerning pre-prandial drinker.
17. Tanqueray Nº Ten Gin: £31.80, amazon.co.uk
Whether your tipple is a martini or a G&T, you won’t find a better spirit for it than Tanqueray 10.
18. Veuve Clicquot Clutch Gift Box: £64.99, selfridges.com
Not only is this a super fun gift box for your bottle of champagne, it also acts as a cooler too.
19. Seasonal Food Tea Towel: £10, notonthehighstreet.com
A tea towel to brighten any kitchen and which also features a guide to in-season foods.
20. Robert Welch Cook’s Knife: £45, selfridges.com
This 20-cm knife will make short work of turkey – and just about anything else you need slicing and dicing this Christmas.
21. Alessi 9090: £96, alessi.com/gbr
A hob-top espresso maker and first product ever designed by modish kitchenware brand Alessi – no wonder a facsimile of it resides in MOMA’s permanent collection.
22. Modena Balsamic Vinegar: £19.95, carluccios.com
This Modena vinegar is aged in wooden barrels to give it a naturally sweet, fruity flavour.
23. LSA Carafe: £18, yoox.com
A dark glass water carafe, which is just the thing to take to be with you after a Christmas party.
24. Joseph Joseph Rinse and Chop: £15, josephjoseph.com
A culinary epiphany – use it to chop your veg, fold it down its hinged centre and pour it into the pan, without the mess.
25. Halen Mon Flavoured Sea Salts: from £5.75, halenmon.com
Halen Mon was once the supplier of sea salt to elBulli, the best restaurant in the world until it closed in 2011, and now you can get in on the action with these jars of flavoured salt.
26. Pierre Hermé Macarons: £1.90 per macaron, pierreherme.com
Forget about chocolates, the smart foodie is giving Hermé’s macarons this year.
In store only
27. Prestat Artisan Chocolate Florentines: £9.95, prestat.co.uk
This toothsome festive Florentine – made with flaked almonds marinated with orange and lemon peel and covered in chocolate – is the perfect Christmas evening treat.
28. Kopi Monthly Coffee Subscription: £83.40 per year, kopi.co.uk
Give the gift of outstanding coffee all year round with a subscription to Kopi, who deliver your beans - or grinds, if you prefer – straight to your door.
More Christmas: 12 best Christmas tree decorations
10 best alternative advent calendars
12 best Christmas jumpers
IndyBest product reviews are unbiased, independent advice you can trust. On some occasions, we earn revenue if you click the links and buy the products, but we never allow this to bias our coverage. The reviews are compiled through a mix of expert opinion and real-world testingReuse content