Drink up: 10 best gins
From Spanish Mediterranean flavours to complex wild berry tastes culled from the Black Forest of Germany, this selection of spirits should serve everyone from young hipster to gentleman’s club fogey
Spring has sprung, the mercury is starting to rise and it’s time to do the drinks cabinet shuffle: put away your bottle of whisky and crack open the gin.
Whether you like it over ice with oceans of tonic or in a martini that is drier than the desert, you’re sure to find a bottle here that will tickle your taste buds.
Click on the gallery to see the IndyBest buys
It is strange that people assume that all gins, unlike, say, whiskies, taste pretty much the same. There is, in fact, a world of difference between competing brands. Gin Mare, for instance, with all its rich Mediterranean botanicals, is just thing for a nice G&T; whereas, if I wanted a martini, I would crack open the Sipsmiths. A good all-rounder to keep in your cupboard, though, is Broker’s: it is inexpensive, punchy and comes with a little bowler-hat top – what more could one ask for?
10. Hendricks, £27
The secret report that helps Israel hide facts
Land for gas: Merkel and Putin discussed secret deal could end Ukraine crisis
Woman and two children killed by mob in riots over 'blasphemous' Facebook post in Pakistan
A day in the life of Vladimir Putin: The dictator in his labyrinth
Putin is 'thuggish, dishonest and reckless', says British ambassador to US
Richard Dawkins tweets: 'Date rape is bad, stranger rape is worse'
- 1 Russell Brand accuses FOX News anchor Sean Hannity of terrorism after aggressive Israel-Gaza debate
- 2 Pope Francis issues top 10 tips for happiness – including don’t try to convert other people
- 3 Arturo Vidal to Manchester United: Midfielder set to force through move to Louis van Gaal's Red Devils - reports
- 4 Disney heiress Abigail disowns her share of family profits in West Bank company
- 5 Israel's propaganda machine is finally starting to misfire
- < Previous
- Next >