Food fast: 10 best ready meals under 500 calories
Too tired to cook? On a healthy-eating drive? Try one of these tasty, low calorie ready meals
When it comes to ready meals, low calorie no longer has to equal anemic and flavourless. These days, there are a variety of delicious, innovative and nutritious dishes on the shelves, that all come in at under 500 calories.
We've scoured the supermarket shelves to find the best out there. From surprisingly hearty winter warmers like Marks & Spencer's venison meatballs with braised cabbage and mash, to one pots meals ideal for eating on the go like Incredible! Chicken & Wild Rice.
Click on the gallery to see the IndyBest buys
For a meal that tastes like you’ve spent hours in your kitchen cooking, try the sticky pulled pork and sweet potato mash from the My Goodness range at Sainsbury’s. Or for a quick lunch or dinner that's full of flavour, go for the Soulful Food OnePots from Ocado. Anyone who needs to keep nut, dairy and gluten free should look up County Durham-based Ilumi.
1. Sainsbury’s My Goodness! Sticky Pulled Pork and Sweet Potato Mash, £3 (buy in store)
The secret report that helps Israelis to hide facts
A day in the life of Vladimir Putin: The dictator in his labyrinth
Were 'Poor Doors' added to mixed developments so wealthy residents don't have to go in alongside social housing tenants?
A new Russian revolution: The cracks are starting to appear in Putin’s Kremlin power bloc
Arizona execution lasts two hours as killer Joseph Wood left 'snorting and gasping' for air
Opponents of Israel's military operation in Gaza are the real enemies of Middle Eastern peace
- 1 Woman and two children killed by mob in riots over 'blasphemous' Facebook post in Pakistan
- 2 The secret report that helps Israelis to hide facts
- 3 Danish TV reporter is all business up top, all party down below
- 4 Ross Burden dead: MasterChef and Ready Steady Cook star, dies aged 45
- 5 Businessman charged £75 for three small bottles of water in London hotel