Great British Bake Off: 10 best bakeware
The Great British Bake Off is back. To play along at home, invest in some pieces to help you to whip up Mary Berry-worthy creations with ease
Tuesday 05 August 2014
It's time. Aprons on and wooden spoons at the ready. The Great British Bake Off is back and 12 home-baking hopefuls are steeling themselves to face the Berry-Hollywood firing line.
But for those of us who aren't quite as brave and who prefer the comfort of our own kitchen and the easily-won approval of our eat-anything family, it's a great excuse to pick up some new kit and get cooking.
Whether you're a baking novice or a future Bake Off challenger, here are ten pieces of bakeware to get your batter rising and your colleagues aah-ing in wonder. Just try not to put salt in the rum babas or steal anyone's custard.
Click on the gallery to see the IndyBest buys
If novelty is your thing, Lakeland's Flowerpot Muffin Cases are sure to draw plenty of attention at a garden party, but for sheer "what did I ever do without it?" functionality, head down to John Lewis and pick up a Multisize Cake Tin.
Rochester by-election: Ukip gains second MP as Tory defector Mark Reckless holds seat
'Beast of Bolsover' Dennis Skinner takes Ukip MP Mark Reckless to task moments after he is sworn in
Rochester by-election: Labour MP Emily Thornberry resigns after posting white van and England flags tweet
France 'blocks' Russian sailors from boarding a warship
The young are the new poor: Sharp increase in number of under-25s living in poverty, while over-65s are better off than ever
Revealed: How the world gets rich – from privatising British public services
- 1 Universities aren't working us hard enough, say undergraduates
- 2 Lego letter from the 1970s still offers a powerful message to parents 40 years later
- 3 To help fuel their propaganda machine against the poor, our government has now decided to redefine the word 'welfare'
- 4 Woman opens professional cuddling shop – gets 10,000 customers in first week
- 5 Grayson Perry: London needs affordable housing because 'rich people don't create culture'