January detox: 10 best jug blenders for soups and smoothies
Get going on those healthy smoothies and soups with one of these nifty bits of kitchen kit
Monday 06 January 2014
Come January, most of us resolve to eat more healthily, cook more and make sure we get our five a day. Sometimes not having the right equipment can make it feel like a bit of an effort. In search of the quickest, no-mess way to knock up yummy smoothies and soups, we put jug blenders to the test.
From the high end gadgets like the Vitamix Aspire blender to Tefal’s bargain Blendforce, we tried them all so you don’t have to.
Click on the gallery to see the IndyBest buys
KitchenAid’s smart Artisan blender is efficient and looks stylish on the kitchen shelf. Bodum’s Bistro is great for whizzing up juices and comes in snazzy colours and Lakeland’s Power Blender does its job well without breaking the bank.
Scotland could still declare independence – even without referendum, says Alex Salmond
Scottish referendum results: Cross-party consensus collapses amid Tory-Labour spat on the 'English question'
Hilary Mantel 'should be investigated by police' over Margaret Thatcher assassination story, says Lord Bell
Plebgate MP Andrew Mitchell called officer a 'little s**t', claim court documents 'exposing ex-Chief Whip's 'record of abusing police'
Archbishop of Canterbury admits doubts about existence of God
Labour Party conference: Ed Balls to set out plan to freeze child benefit to balance books
- 1 Cyclist in Russia narrowly misses being hit by car and lorry
- 2 'F*ck it, I quit': KTVA reporter Charlo Greene quits live on air in spectacular fashion
- 3 What are your fingerprint words?
- 4 Gary Lineker involved in Twitter row after presenter rubbishes claims he will be warned by BBC over foul-mouthed tweets
- 5 Pink Floyd new album: Band unveil cover art for first record in 20 years