The 50 best coffee shops
Need a caffeine fix but tired of chain cappuccinos? Holly Williams presents the
connoisseurs’ guide to rich espressos, superior blends, flat whites and full-fat lattes
Saturday 20 February 2010
This week’s panel:
John Sherwood is a founder member of the Speciality Coffee Association of Europe ( www.scaeuk.com );
Alan Millerworks for independent coffee roasters Union Hand-Roasted ( www.unionroasted.com );
Tom Beeston works for food-sustainability organisation eatengland.org ;
Cameron is warned 'no possibility' of UK reducing immigration and that bid to bring in quota on migrant workers would be illegal
Residents should throw a street party and mix with immigrant neighbours, councils told
Russell Brand threatened with arrest after filming outside Fox News headquarters
London bus driver 'kicks gay couple off for kissing'
Lord Freud: Tory welfare minister apologises after saying disabled people are 'not worth’ the minimum wage
Lord Freud hangs on as MPs of all parties 'call for his head' over disability comments
- 1 Jack the Ripper: Scientist who claims to have identified notorious killer has 'made serious DNA error'
- 2 Banksy arrest hoax: Internet duped by fake online report claiming artist's identity has been revealed
- 3 Drink alcohol and eat meat to improve male fertility - but cut down on coffee, studies suggest
- 4 Former East 17 frontman Brian Harvey turns up at Downing Street and 'demands to speak to Prime Minister'
- 5 The inventor of the Facebook 'like' button says he never made a 'dislike' button because he feared the 'unfortunate consequences'