The 50 best delicatessens
Forget limp sandwiches and bought-in chutneys, a great deli is the home of mouth-watering meats, artisan cheeses and perfect pastries. Lucy Gillmore tastes the difference
Saturday 26 February 2011
This week's panel
Clare Hargreaves writes a monthly section on seasonal and local food for BBC ‘Good Food’, and is food editor of BBC ‘Countryfile’ magazine ( www.countryfile.com);
Donald Reid is the editor of ‘The Larder’ ( www.thelarder.net);
Nicola Whiteford is the editor of ‘Great British Food’ ( www.greatbritish foodmagazine.com);
Alice Murray is the events manager at Slow Food UK ( www.slowfood.org.uk)
The secret report that helps Israel hide facts
Land for gas: Merkel and Putin discussed secret deal could end Ukraine crisis
Woman and two children killed by mob in riots over 'blasphemous' Facebook post in Pakistan
A day in the life of Vladimir Putin: The dictator in his labyrinth
Putin is 'thuggish, dishonest and reckless', says British ambassador to US
Richard Dawkins tweets: 'Date rape is bad, stranger rape is worse'
- 1 Sabina Altynbekova, the girl branded 'too good looking' for volleyball, says social media obsession with her is a 'bit much'
- 2 Disney heiress Abigail disowns her share of family profits in West Bank company
- 3 Israel's propaganda machine is finally starting to misfire
- 4 Zayn Malik on Israel-Gaza: One Direction singer bombarded with Twitter death threats after posting #FreePalestine
- 5 'Hello mum, this is going to be hard for you to read ...'
- < Previous
- Next >