The ten best ethical wines
Thursday 03 September 2009
It's good to know ethical shopping doesn’t mean you have to compromise on taste, but with increasing numbers of Organic, Biodynamic and Fairtrade wine on the market, which organic bottles are worthy of attention?
Following the announcement of the 2009 Decanter World Wine Awards, Tastings Director Christelle Guibert highlights her pick of the award-winning bottles.
"Organic wine can be hard to find," explains Christelle of the choices, "but there is more and more of it available on the shelves. More winemakers are today using less pesticide, fertilizers and fungicides in order to increase the natural balance of the soil. They are taking organic and bio-dynamic much more seriously resulting in better quality wines."
here or on the image to launch the guide, and leave your comments and suggestions below.
To search for an award winning wine under £10 and to see the full list of international winners in all categories, visit www.decanter.com or see the October issue of Decanter magazine on sale September 3, priced £4.25.
As a white man, I'm surprised more women aren't tweeting the hashtag #KillAllWhiteMen
Scotland may have to leave the EU even if it votes to stay in, David Cameron confirms
Report finds that Britain's wages are the most unequal in Europe
The day that Britain resigned as a global power
Almost a third of school pupils believe 'Muslims are taking over our country', study claims
SNP fury as HS2 finds 'no business case' for taking fast train service to Scotland
- 1 Woman accidentally shoots herself in the head while posing for a selfie
- 2 Isis burns woman alive for refusing to engage in 'extreme' sex act, UN says
- 3 Puerto Rico, island of lost dreams: People are leaving the debt-hit territory in droves as near neighbour Cuba's star rises
- 4 Female Muay Thai champion hustles coaches to give them a beating
- 5 16-year-old girl beaten and burned alive by lynch mob in Rio Bravo, Guatemala