The ten best ethical wines
Thursday 03 September 2009
It's good to know ethical shopping doesn’t mean you have to compromise on taste, but with increasing numbers of Organic, Biodynamic and Fairtrade wine on the market, which organic bottles are worthy of attention?
Following the announcement of the 2009 Decanter World Wine Awards, Tastings Director Christelle Guibert highlights her pick of the award-winning bottles.
"Organic wine can be hard to find," explains Christelle of the choices, "but there is more and more of it available on the shelves. More winemakers are today using less pesticide, fertilizers and fungicides in order to increase the natural balance of the soil. They are taking organic and bio-dynamic much more seriously resulting in better quality wines."
here or on the image to launch the guide, and leave your comments and suggestions below.
To search for an award winning wine under £10 and to see the full list of international winners in all categories, visit www.decanter.com or see the October issue of Decanter magazine on sale September 3, priced £4.25.
Stephen Fry explains what he would say if he was 'confronted by God'
9 reasons Greece's experiment with the radical left is doomed to failure
Have we reached 'peak food'? Shortages loom as global production rates slow
British grandmother Lindsay Sandiford faces execution by firing squad in Indonesia
Liberal Democrat minister defends comments suggesting immigration causes pub closures
Hard line on immigration could cost Tories the election
- 1 Stephen Fry explains what he would say if he was 'confronted by God'
- 2 Venezuela Expo Tattoo 2015: Extreme body art from 'Vampire Woman' to 109mm earlobes
- 3 Saudi preacher who 'raped and tortured' his five -year-old daughter to death is released after paying 'blood money'
- 4 Ball pool for adults opens in London
- 5 Rashida Jones speaks out against male-centric porn saying 'women should have sex and feel good about it'