The ten best ethical wines
Thursday 03 September 2009
It's good to know ethical shopping doesn’t mean you have to compromise on taste, but with increasing numbers of Organic, Biodynamic and Fairtrade wine on the market, which organic bottles are worthy of attention?
Following the announcement of the 2009 Decanter World Wine Awards, Tastings Director Christelle Guibert highlights her pick of the award-winning bottles.
"Organic wine can be hard to find," explains Christelle of the choices, "but there is more and more of it available on the shelves. More winemakers are today using less pesticide, fertilizers and fungicides in order to increase the natural balance of the soil. They are taking organic and bio-dynamic much more seriously resulting in better quality wines."
here or on the image to launch the guide, and leave your comments and suggestions below.
To search for an award winning wine under £10 and to see the full list of international winners in all categories, visit www.decanter.com or see the October issue of Decanter magazine on sale September 3, priced £4.25.
Cameron is warned 'no possibility' of UK reducing immigration and that bid to bring in quota on migrant workers would be illegal
Residents should throw a street party and mix with immigrant neighbours, councils told
Russell Brand threatened with arrest after filming outside Fox News headquarters
London bus driver 'kicks gay couple off for kissing'
Lord Freud: Tory welfare minister apologises after saying disabled people are 'not worth’ the minimum wage
Lord Freud hangs on as MPs of all parties 'call for his head' over disability comments
- 1 Jack the Ripper: Scientist who claims to have identified notorious killer has 'made serious DNA error'
- 2 Banksy arrest hoax: Internet duped by fake online report claiming artist's identity has been revealed
- 3 Former East 17 frontman Brian Harvey turns up at Downing Street and 'demands to speak to Prime Minister'
- 4 Kentucky gang rape: 15-year-old boy left in critical condition after sexual attack by group at party
- 5 Paralysed man Darek Fidyka walks again after treatment by British doctors on brink of 'cure'