The ten best ethical wines
Thursday 03 September 2009
It's good to know ethical shopping doesn’t mean you have to compromise on taste, but with increasing numbers of Organic, Biodynamic and Fairtrade wine on the market, which organic bottles are worthy of attention?
Following the announcement of the 2009 Decanter World Wine Awards, Tastings Director Christelle Guibert highlights her pick of the award-winning bottles.
"Organic wine can be hard to find," explains Christelle of the choices, "but there is more and more of it available on the shelves. More winemakers are today using less pesticide, fertilizers and fungicides in order to increase the natural balance of the soil. They are taking organic and bio-dynamic much more seriously resulting in better quality wines."
here or on the image to launch the guide, and leave your comments and suggestions below.
To search for an award winning wine under £10 and to see the full list of international winners in all categories, visit www.decanter.com or see the October issue of Decanter magazine on sale September 3, priced £4.25.
Durham Free School: 'Creationism taught at' free school facing closure
Nearly 100,000 of Britain's poorest children go hungry after parents' benefits are cut
End of the licence fee: BBC to back radical overhaul of how it is funded
Elif Shafak: Turkish author warns against rise of British nationalism
Ex-head of MI6: 'We shouldn't kid ourselves that Russia is on a path to democracy'
Most people think legal tax avoidance is just as wrong as illegal tax evasion, poll suggests
- 1 What happens to your body when you give up sugar?
- 2 Tourist films plane's descent just metres above packed Caribbean beach
- 3 World Book Day: Boy 'excluded' from school after dressing up as Fifty Shades' Christian Grey
- 4 Have sex with your iPad thanks to the new sex toy no-one asked for
- 5 GamerGate: developer Tim Schafer provokes rage with joke about online gaming activists at industry awards