10 best tablets
From fully convertible tablet hybrids to a simple device you can use to catch up with ‘Game of Thrones’, here are the best around
Monday 05 May 2014
Ever since the release of the iPad back in 2010, tablet sales have skyrocketed. Along with increased popularity, there's been a vast increase in the number of models available.
But with this explosion in options, you're now faced with a multitude of confusing jargon. Here we show you the ten best tablets across the board: from the Kindle HDX 7, ideal for technophobes, to the Surface Pro 2 - one the ‘power-user’ businessman should never be without.
Click on the gallery to see the IndyBest buys
Anyone who is used to using Apple products will find it hard to deviate from the impressive Air. If you want a machine that will do for your home office, it could be worth investing in the Surface Pro 2. Those who want their tablet for reading and TV watching will like the slimline Nexus 7.
Durham Free School: 'Creationism taught at' free school facing closure
Nearly 100,000 of Britain's poorest children go hungry after parents' benefits are cut
Ukip would cut billions from Scottish budget to fund English tax cuts
End of the licence fee: BBC to back radical overhaul of how it is funded
Ukraine crisis: Top Chinese diplomat backs Putin and says West should 'abandon zero-sum mentality'
Boris Nemtsov shot dead: Outspoken Putin critic who had expressed fears for his life is killed near the Kremlin
- 1 Drugs Live cannabis trial: Hash is less harmful than any other drug, expert claims
- 2 Have sex with your iPad thanks to the new sex toy no-one asked for
- 3 The 'sex selfie stick' lets you FaceTime the inside of a vagina
- 4 Adam Levine's biggest fan had a panic attack upon meeting him, so the singer laid down on the floor to get a photo with him
- 5 Why you're almost certainly more like your father than your mother