10 best tablets
From fully convertible tablet hybrids to a simple device you can use to catch up with ‘Game of Thrones’, here are the best around
Monday 05 May 2014
Ever since the release of the iPad back in 2010, tablet sales have skyrocketed. Along with increased popularity, there's been a vast increase in the number of models available.
But with this explosion in options, you're now faced with a multitude of confusing jargon. Here we show you the ten best tablets across the board: from the Kindle HDX 7, ideal for technophobes, to the Surface Pro 2 - one the ‘power-user’ businessman should never be without.
Click on the gallery to see the IndyBest buys
Anyone who is used to using Apple products will find it hard to deviate from the impressive Air. If you want a machine that will do for your home office, it could be worth investing in the Surface Pro 2. Those who want their tablet for reading and TV watching will like the slimline Nexus 7.
Daniele Watts: Django Unchained actress detained by Los Angeles police after being mistaken for a prostitute
Scottish independence referendum: A nation divided against itself
The political class is doing what Hitler couldn’t – destroying Britain
Scottish independence: Nationalist leader Jim Sillars threatens pro-union companies with 'day of reckoning' after independence
Portuguese academic says British are 'filthy, violent and drunk'
Scottish independence: David Cameron is becoming the 'George Bush of Britain'
- 1 Thailand beach murders: Thai PM suggests 'attractive' female tourists cannot expect to be safe wearing bikinis
- 2 Scottish independence: Learn from Quebec's mistakes and beware of promises. Vote Yes.
- 3 A bottle of wine a day is not bad for you and abstaining is worse than drinking, scientist claims
- 4 Revealed after 75 years of secrecy: 'Fifi' the glamorous WW2 special agent who tested British spies' resolve
- 5 Have you heard about the film Singapore has banned its people from watching? Well, you have now