10 best TVs for the World Cup 2014
Get ready to watch the action from Brazil in style on one of these high-performing sets
Monday 19 May 2014
The next few weeks are predicted to see huge sales of TVs as viewers decide it’s worth splashing out for a new screen for next month’s World Cup.
There’s plenty of choice, from bargain flatscreens to premium-priced displays with UHD – Ultra High Definition – resolution that beats regular HD hands down. Here’s our selection of the best TVs that are worth a look.
Click on the gallery to see the IndyBest buys
If you really want the best picture, there’s nothing that compares to the UHD models here, and the Sony and Panasonic sets are especially good. But if you want to make use of the smart features on the TV then the LG and John Lewis models are a revelation in simplicity of use, but still with sophisticated features. If you’re looking to buy a TV, this is a great time: the leading manufacturers have recently released a slew of attractive sets to tempt you. Choose your screen size and then stick to a big name manufacturer for the best results.
Rochester by-election: Ukip gains second MP as Tory defector Mark Reckless holds seat
'Beast of Bolsover' Dennis Skinner takes Ukip MP Mark Reckless to task moments after he is sworn in
Rochester by-election: Labour MP Emily Thornberry resigns after posting white van and England flags tweet
The young are the new poor: Sharp increase in number of under-25s living in poverty, while over-65s are better off than ever
Revealed: How the world gets rich – from privatising British public services
Tamir Rice: 12-year-old boy playing with fake gun dies after being shot by Ohio police
- 1 Tamir Rice: 12-year-old boy playing with fake gun dies after being shot by Ohio police
- 2 To help fuel their propaganda machine against the poor, our government has now decided to redefine the word 'welfare'
- 3 Black Friday 2014: Opening times for Asda, John Lewis, PC World, GAME and Argos
- 4 Woman opens professional cuddling shop – gets 10,000 customers in first week
- 5 Girl, 7, gets Tesco to remove 'stupid' sign suggesting superheroes are 'for boys'