10 best wireless speakers
Get the party started with these stylish and powerful cord-free gadgets for your home
Monday 01 September 2014
How do you play your music? A CD in the hi-fi? Nothing wrong with that. But if you’re in the garden or in a room away from the music system, you can play tracks stored on your PC, your mobile or even from streaming services like Spotify. In which case, a wireless speaker is the best way to listen. The below are all battery-powered, apart from the Jongo and Sonos, which need to be plugged in to the mains. Most use Bluetooth, apart from the Sonos which needs wi-fi to grab your music, and a couple have NFC capabilities, too.
Click on the gallery to see the IndyBest buys
The range is pretty wide, so you should be able to find your particular needs. The very best sound quality comes from the Sonos Play:1, but you’ll need a pair to make the most of them. And if you want to take the music outside, the Big Jambox has power, clarity and style. The Damson Vulcan and Cambridge Audio Go offer best value for lower budgets, though if looks are key, the Ted Baker Fastnet is hard to beat.
10. Spaced360, £250
Is Britain really full up? Are migrants taking our jobs? Leading academic answers the most common anti-immigration claims
Calais Migrant Crisis: Deputy Mayor of Calais labels Cameron's use of 'swarm' as 'racist' and 'ignorant'
Chris Leslie: Jeremy Corbyn's anti-austerity agenda will harm the poor, says Labour shadow Chancellor
Jeremy Corbyn: Tony Blair could face war crimes trial over 'illegal Iraq invasion'
Landlords renting properties to illegal immigrants to face up to five years in prison
While we fixate on Calais, the Home Office is quietly deporting dozens of migrants on 'ghost flights'
- 1 Katie Hopkins questioned by police over allegations of inciting racial hatred after migrants article
- 2 Porn block in India: hundreds of sexual websites banned, internet outraged
- 3 Malaysia issues arrest warrant for Gordon Brown’s sister-in-law after she publishes stories on leader Najib Razak's financial affairs
- 4 Natalia Molchanova: World's most successful free-diver missing and feared dead after disappearing in Mediterranean
- 5 US bookshop offers Go Set A Watchman refunds over false marketing as 'nice summer novel'