Point and shoot: 6 best compact cameras
Sometimes the camera on your smartphone just won't cut it. Try these point and shoot models for superior snaps this summer
Friday 02 May 2014
If your holidays are beckoning, check you have what you need to capture great pictures and videos of the best bits.
Mobile phones have pretty accomplished cameras on board, so much so that you may feel you don’t need a second gadget to lug around. But smartphones (apart from one or two exceptions) lack optical zoom lenses so you’re reliant on digital zoom, which reduces resolution horribly. So, we've tried and tested the best compact cameras on the market this year. Here’s our guide to the snappers worth packing.
Click on the gallery to see the IndyBest buys
There are plenty of things to consider when choosing a camera to take on your holiday. Do you want something cheap and cute that will do stuff your phone can’t? If so, the Samsung DV150F is hard to beat. If you want something more powerful that is as easy to use as an Android smartphone, then Samsung’s Galaxy Camera 2 is capable and has a great camera interface. And if you’re going on a beach or skiing holiday, then maybe you should go for a waterproof model like the Nikon. Our favourite? The stunningly designed Fujifilm Finepix X20 thanks to its great lens, big sensor and fool-proof setup.
The secret report that helps Israel hide facts
Land for gas: Merkel and Putin discussed secret deal could end Ukraine crisis
Woman and two children killed by mob in riots over 'blasphemous' Facebook post in Pakistan
A day in the life of Vladimir Putin: The dictator in his labyrinth
Putin is 'thuggish, dishonest and reckless', says British ambassador to US
Richard Dawkins tweets: 'Date rape is bad, stranger rape is worse'
- 1 Sabina Altynbekova, the girl branded 'too good looking' for volleyball, says social media obsession with her is a 'bit much'
- 2 Disney heiress Abigail disowns her share of family profits in West Bank company
- 3 Israel's propaganda machine is finally starting to misfire
- 4 Zayn Malik on Israel-Gaza: One Direction singer bombarded with Twitter death threats after posting #FreePalestine
- 5 'Hello mum, this is going to be hard for you to read ...'
- < Previous
- Next >