Chick chic: 8 best Easter decorations
There's less than a week until Easter. If you're planning a party, egg hunt, or just want a pretty table on the day, try this selection of decs
Easter is traditionally a time for a family get together. Whether you’re putting on an egg hunt for the little ones or hosting a slap-up lunch for relatives, why not put a few finishing touches to the table or garden?
You might choose to go all out with a Swedish style ‘Easter tree’, or just add a few little ornaments here and there. To help you decide, we’ve selected a range of decorations, from DIY decs that will keep the kids busy to pieces that will last you years.
Click on the gallery to see the IndyBest buys
We’re fans of The Contemporary Home’s Easter garland; it’s 89cm long, so will fit nicely across a window or in a fireplace and it’s something you can keep and bring out each year. If you’re planning an Easter egg hunt, Lakeland’s kit will make it that bit extra special for children, who we reckon will also be big fans of Claire Loves’ Yolk Folk.
In defence of liberal democracy
The Rothschild Libel: Why has it taken 200 years for an anti-Semitic slur that emerged from the Battle of Waterloo to be dismissed?
General Election 2015: UK will be 'run for the wealthy and powerful' if Tories retain power, Labour warns
General election live: SNP suspends two members for disrupting Labour rally
Schools forced to act as 'miniature welfare states' with teachers buying underwear and even haircuts for poor pupils
Andy McSmith's Sketch: Feisty audience is the real star of an enlightening show
- 1 Boston Marathon runner's search for mystery man she kissed ends with letter from his wife
- 2 Top Gear: Jodie Kidd, Philip Glenister and Guy Martin 'in advanced talks' to replace Jeremy Clarkson and co
- 3 Frankie Boyle on Scottish independence: 'In the Interests of Unity, F**k Off'
- 4 How to gain confidence and maximise your sexual potential
- 5 Chinese theme park sets up 'death simulator' where volunteers can experience being cremated