10 best scented candles for summer
Fill your house with scents of the summer: florals, zesty fruits and err, freshly mown grass
Tuesday 29 April 2014
Burning a delicately fragranced candle is easily the most luxurious way to fill your home with scent. Adding instant romantic light, warmth and fragrance, it can help set a mood and help you to unwind.
But while there’s certainly no shortage of summer scented candles available this season, it can be hard to ensure you’re getting a good quality, nice smelling one, particularly if you are shopping online. Indeed, a poorly made candle might smell gorgeous when brought to the nose, but lighting it may not produce any scent whatsoever.
Whether you want something fresh and uplifting or more sensuous and moody, here’s our pick of the best ones that will help bring the outdoors into your home during the season ahead.
Click on the gallery to see the Indybest buys
Cire Trudon’s Giambattista Valli Rose Poivrée Candle is as self-indulgent and lavish as it gets in the world of candles and we think it is definitely the best of the bunch for this summer. For a budget option, our vote goes to the Wax Lyrical Japanese Cherry Blossom Candle.
As a white man, I'm surprised more women aren't tweeting the hashtag #KillAllWhiteMen
Scotland may have to leave the EU even if it votes to stay in, David Cameron confirms
Report finds that Britain's wages are the most unequal in Europe
The day that Britain resigned as a global power
Almost a third of school pupils believe 'Muslims are taking over our country', study claims
Gay marriage 'Bert and Ernie' cake bakery found guilty of discrimination in Northern Ireland
- 1 Crystal meth addict 'gouged out his eyes and ate them' while high on drug, Australian MP claims
- 2 Saudi Arabia 'seeking to head United Nations Human Rights Council'
- 3 Group of students refused entry to Leicester nightclub 'because they are black'
- 4 Irish people are travelling home from all over the world so they can vote to legalise gay marriage
- 5 Arsenal fan asks the Queen for tickets to the FA Cup final - gets a reply from Buckingham Palace