10 best scented candles for summer
Fill your house with scents of the summer: florals, zesty fruits and err, freshly mown grass
Tuesday 29 April 2014
Burning a delicately fragranced candle is easily the most luxurious way to fill your home with scent. Adding instant romantic light, warmth and fragrance, it can help set a mood and help you to unwind.
But while there’s certainly no shortage of summer scented candles available this season, it can be hard to ensure you’re getting a good quality, nice smelling one, particularly if you are shopping online. Indeed, a poorly made candle might smell gorgeous when brought to the nose, but lighting it may not produce any scent whatsoever.
Whether you want something fresh and uplifting or more sensuous and moody, here’s our pick of the best ones that will help bring the outdoors into your home during the season ahead.
Click on the gallery to see the Indybest buys
Cire Trudon’s Giambattista Valli Rose Poivrée Candle is as self-indulgent and lavish as it gets in the world of candles and we think it is definitely the best of the bunch for this summer. For a budget option, our vote goes to the Wax Lyrical Japanese Cherry Blossom Candle.
The only black face in the Ukip manifesto is on the page about overseas aid
If I’m being racially abused I don’t need a stranger with a saviour complex to rescue me
Ukip is the only main political party to not address LGBT rights in its manifesto
Food banks: One million Britons will soon be using them, according to Trussell Trust
BBC election debate: The one photo that summed up the whole 90-minute leaders debate
Religion isn't growing, it is becoming vigorous in its demise, says philosopher AC Grayling
- 1 BBC election debate: The one photo that summed up the whole 90-minute leaders debate
- 2 18th century sex toy found in 'toilet of sword fighting school' in Poland
- 3 US? China? India? The 10 biggest economies in 2030 will be...
- 4 'I wish my teacher knew...': Young students share their 'heartbreaking' worries in notes
- 5 Rebecca Francis accuses Ricky Gervais of using 'influence' to target female hunters after receiving barrage of death threats