10 best scented candles for summer
Fill your house with scents of the summer: florals, zesty fruits and err, freshly mown grass
Tuesday 29 April 2014
Burning a delicately fragranced candle is easily the most luxurious way to fill your home with scent. Adding instant romantic light, warmth and fragrance, it can help set a mood and help you to unwind.
But while there’s certainly no shortage of summer scented candles available this season, it can be hard to ensure you’re getting a good quality, nice smelling one, particularly if you are shopping online. Indeed, a poorly made candle might smell gorgeous when brought to the nose, but lighting it may not produce any scent whatsoever.
Whether you want something fresh and uplifting or more sensuous and moody, here’s our pick of the best ones that will help bring the outdoors into your home during the season ahead.
Click on the gallery to see the Indybest buys
Cire Trudon’s Giambattista Valli Rose Poivrée Candle is as self-indulgent and lavish as it gets in the world of candles and we think it is definitely the best of the bunch for this summer. For a budget option, our vote goes to the Wax Lyrical Japanese Cherry Blossom Candle.
Rochester by-election: Ukip gains second MP as Tory defector Mark Reckless holds seat
'Beast of Bolsover' Dennis Skinner takes Ukip MP Mark Reckless to task moments after he is sworn in
Rochester by-election: Labour MP Emily Thornberry resigns after posting white van and England flags tweet
France 'blocks' Russian sailors from boarding a warship
Revealed: How the world gets rich – from privatising British public services
Myleene Klass: Ed Miliband 'strikes back' by comparing UK's need for Labour's mansion tax to Hear'Say track
- 1 'Not suppost to cry': 9-year-old lists the worst things about being a boy
- 2 To help fuel their propaganda machine against the poor, our government has now decided to redefine the word 'welfare'
- 3 Anti-gay hate preacher accidentally tweets 4,000 followers cartoon clip of him 'confessing' to be a 'homosexual sodomite'
- 4 Woman opens professional cuddling shop – gets 10,000 customers in first week
- 5 Grayson Perry: London needs affordable housing because 'rich people don't create culture'