10 best scented candles for summer
Fill your house with scents of the summer: florals, zesty fruits and err, freshly mown grass
Tuesday 29 April 2014
Burning a delicately fragranced candle is easily the most luxurious way to fill your home with scent. Adding instant romantic light, warmth and fragrance, it can help set a mood and help you to unwind.
But while there’s certainly no shortage of summer scented candles available this season, it can be hard to ensure you’re getting a good quality, nice smelling one, particularly if you are shopping online. Indeed, a poorly made candle might smell gorgeous when brought to the nose, but lighting it may not produce any scent whatsoever.
Whether you want something fresh and uplifting or more sensuous and moody, here’s our pick of the best ones that will help bring the outdoors into your home during the season ahead.
Click on the gallery to see the Indybest buys
Cire Trudon’s Giambattista Valli Rose Poivrée Candle is as self-indulgent and lavish as it gets in the world of candles and we think it is definitely the best of the bunch for this summer. For a budget option, our vote goes to the Wax Lyrical Japanese Cherry Blossom Candle.
Katie Hopkins attacked me on Twitter — so I reported her to the police for inciting racial hatred
Street preacher quoting from the Bible fined for calling homosexuality an 'abomination'
Woman filmed launching racist tirade against men on the Tube for speaking in 'own lingo'
David Cameron calls Labour 'hopeless, sneering socialists' while announcing 7-day NHS plans
Revealed: Putin's army of pro-Kremlin bloggers
Katie Hopkins reported to the police for race hatred by Labour MP Simon Danczuk after tweet about Pakistani men
- 1 Rape threats, death threats and a police investigation after video poking fun at an Islamic Party in Malaysia goes viral
- 2 Katie Hopkins attacked me on Twitter — so I reported her to the police for inciting racial hatred
- 3 Gamers confess the worst things they've done in The Sims
- 4 6-year-old writes ice cold Valentine's card to his stepmother
- 5 Syrian child photographed 'surrendering to camera because she thought it was a gun'