10 best scented candles for summer
Fill your house with scents of the summer: florals, zesty fruits and err, freshly mown grass
Tuesday 29 April 2014
Burning a delicately fragranced candle is easily the most luxurious way to fill your home with scent. Adding instant romantic light, warmth and fragrance, it can help set a mood and help you to unwind.
But while there’s certainly no shortage of summer scented candles available this season, it can be hard to ensure you’re getting a good quality, nice smelling one, particularly if you are shopping online. Indeed, a poorly made candle might smell gorgeous when brought to the nose, but lighting it may not produce any scent whatsoever.
Whether you want something fresh and uplifting or more sensuous and moody, here’s our pick of the best ones that will help bring the outdoors into your home during the season ahead.
Click on the gallery to see the Indybest buys
Cire Trudon’s Giambattista Valli Rose Poivrée Candle is as self-indulgent and lavish as it gets in the world of candles and we think it is definitely the best of the bunch for this summer. For a budget option, our vote goes to the Wax Lyrical Japanese Cherry Blossom Candle.
9 reasons Greece's experiment with the radical left is doomed to failure
Stephen Fry explains what he would say if he was 'confronted by God'
Have we reached 'peak food'? Shortages loom as global production rates slow
Greece elections: Syriza and EU on collision course after election win for left-wing party
British grandmother Lindsay Sandiford faces execution by firing squad in Indonesia
Liberal Democrat minister defends comments suggesting immigration causes pub closures
- 1 Venezuela Expo Tattoo 2015: Extreme body art from 'Vampire Woman' to 109mm earlobes
- 2 Saudi preacher who 'raped and tortured' his five -year-old daughter to death is released after paying 'blood money'
- 3 Ball pool for adults opens in London
- 4 Amal Clooney gives excellent response to fashion question at European Court of Human Rights
- 5 Rashida Jones speaks out against male-centric porn saying 'women should have sex and feel good about it'