Pets at play: 10 best dog toys
Whether your pooch is a showing supremo or more of a mischievous mutt, try one of these toys to keep them busy
Dogs are just like us; they need to be kept busy, mentality stimulated and in tip-top health. There are a huge range of toys that can help. We’ve taken expert advice to find the best out there for canines of all breeds, ages and sizes. From the innovative alternative to potentially harmful wood, Safestix, to fun novelty-shaped squeakers like the Ruff and Tuff Mallard, there’s something to take all dogs’ – and their owners’ – fancy.
Click on the gallery to see the IndyBest buys
For dogs of all sizes, ages and breeds KONG’s chew toy will keep them busy, active and help with behavioural problems. We like the fact there’s a version especially designed for puppies’ needs too. If you’re looking for a more interactive toy, the Aerobie Dogobie or the Good Boy ball are winners for those games of fetch.
Daniele Watts: Django Unchained actress detained by Los Angeles police after being mistaken for a prostitute
The political class is doing what Hitler couldn’t – destroying Britain
Scottish independence: Nationalist leader Jim Sillars threatens pro-union companies with 'day of reckoning' after independence
Scottish independence: Yes campaign feels the heat as Alex Salmond's NHS claims come under furious attack
Portuguese academic says British are 'filthy, violent and drunk'
Scottish independence referendum: A nation divided against itself
- 1 Scottish independence: Ireland since 1919 is a lesson for Scotland in what a Yes vote means
- 2 A bottle of wine a day is not bad for you and abstaining is worse than drinking, scientist claims
- 3 Grandmas keep accidentally tagging themselves as Grandmaster Flash on Facebook
- 4 Daniele Watts: Django Unchained actress detained by Los Angeles police after being mistaken for a prostitute
- 5 Kanye West halts concert after two fans don't stand up - doesn't realise one is in wheelchair and the other disabled