Play smart: 10 best educational toys
If the kids are already bored with their Christmas haul, try them on one of these playthings that will get their brains in gear
Tuesday 04 February 2014
If you're looking for a children's birthday present with a difference or you want something to keep the little ones occupied over the coming half term then try one of these toys.
From laptops to jigsaw puzzles and musical instruments to maths challenges, we have some great educational toys that will help them learn while they have fun.
Click on the gallery to see the IndyBest buys
The VTech My Laptop is great value for money and has a range of activities to help them play and learn at the same time. David Beckham builds LEGO with his kids, get in on the act with the Cargo Terminal, which helps them develop their creativity as they build. For your budding mini musician, the Bee Smart Musical Xylophone and Munchkin Mozart Magic Cube are great buys.
Nigel Farage defends Kerry Smith 'ch***y' comment: 'If you are going for a Chinese, what do you say you’re going for?'
Rozanne Duncan: Ukip expels councillor for 'jaw-dropping' comments made in BBC TV interview
British actor Idris Elba cannot star as James Bond because he is black, says shock jock Rush Limbaugh
Germany anti-Islam protests: 17,000 march on Dresden against 'Islamification of the West'
Panic Saturday: 13 million Britons spend £1.2bn – while 13 million others across the country live in poverty unable to afford food
BBC director Danny Cohen: Rising UK antisemitism makes me feel more uncomfortable than ever
- 1 Planes go hybrid-electric in important step to greener flight
- 2 North Korean prison officers 'cooked prisoner's baby and fed it to their dogs', more horrific accounts from UN report reveal
- 3 Antonio Martin shooting: Mayor says there should be 'no comparison' to Ferguson
- 4 Antonio Martin shooting: Police and protesters clash over teenager's death just five miles from Ferguson, Missouri
- 5 British actor Idris Elba cannot star as James Bond because he is black, says shock jock Rush Limbaugh