Teapots, cups and cake stands: 10 best tea party pieces
Why pay for afternoon tea out when you can do it at home in style? We round up the prettiest teapots, plates, cups and cake stands
Neela Debnath is a member of the Independent's Online editorial team. She has an MA in Journalism (NCTJ accredited) from Brunel University. She is interested in current affairs, media and dipping into other areas of journalism.
Tuesday 14 January 2014
Just like dinner parties, afternoon tea has been having something of a revival over the last couple of years. However, we know how pricy it can be, especially after an excessive Christmas. So, why not create afternoon tea in the comfort of your own home? It’s a fun entertaining option and a great way to spend an afternoon with your friends. But first, make sure you’ve got the kit to be the perfect host.
From contemporary Royal Doulton plates to Emma Bridgewater cake stands, we've scoured around for some of the best items for your perfect afternoon tea at home. Whether you like your crockery to be cute or kitsch, we have something for everyone.
Pretty and practical, the Regency era 3-tier cake stand is a great little piece to have on any table. It is reasonably priced compared to other stands on the market. While the Wilko floral mug is a steal with its tiny price tag and elegant design.
The secret report that helps Israel hide facts
Land for gas: Merkel and Putin discussed secret deal could end Ukraine crisis
Woman and two children killed by mob in riots over 'blasphemous' Facebook post in Pakistan
Richard Dawkins tweets: 'Date rape is bad, stranger rape is worse'
Putin is 'thuggish, dishonest and reckless', says British ambassador to US
Boozy, ignorant, intolerant, but very polite – Britain as others see us
- 1 Russell Brand accuses FOX News anchor Sean Hannity of terrorism after aggressive Israel-Gaza debate
- 2 Pope Francis issues top 10 tips for happiness – including don’t try to convert other people
- 3 Arturo Vidal to Manchester United: Midfielder set to force through move to Louis van Gaal's Red Devils - reports
- 4 Disney heiress Abigail disowns her share of family profits in West Bank company
- 5 Israel's propaganda machine is finally starting to misfire
- < Previous
- Next >